idle problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

haao13

so i put a d16z6 in my 93 hatch and now when im sitting at a red light it idles fine at around 800 rpm but then it will drop down to around 500 and feels like its gonna stall. it does this until i start going again. when i did the swap my map sensor was on the fw and had a vacuum line running from it to the tb, but there isnt a spot for the vacuum line on the z6. and im using the map on the tb of the z6. idk it that is the problem or not. any info would be great. thanks

Well My D16z6 would idle low when my I took out my cat and Made it strait pipe. She would be around 550 maybe during idle...So maybe an exaust leak some were would be my guess. If not that, oil changed? Spark Plugs and Wires been changed? Air Filter ect? the basic tune up haha... I would check that out. my take on it anywayz!

but would it go from 800 then drop to 500 and keep doing it til you started. i do have a test pipe but i had it on my d15b7 before i did the swap and it ilded fine. i have a header back stainless thats less then 3 months so its not leaking and i dont think a leaky exhaust would make it have an irratic idle. when i did the swap i changed all fluids, plugs, plug wires, and cap

humm.. maybe a master of Hondas will come along and fix yea up lol

Nice Avatar Serillion :p

Check your compression, My car when it started leaking compression had an erratic idle.

Back