idle problemz!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vpower

DID A 0 MILE REBUILD ON MY B18C AND I'M HAVING A PROBLEM WITH START UP AND THE IDLE STAYING STEADY...WHEN I START IT UP IT TURNS ON AND DIES IMMEDIATELY...I HAVE TO AIDE IT WITH A LIL BIT OF GAS JUST SO IT STAYS ON...ONCE THE CAR GET WARMED UP IT IDLES AROUND 700 BUT FALLS BETWEEN 200-700 WHENEVER I'M AT A RED LIGHT...I CAN'T SEEM TO FIGURE OUT WHAT IT CAN BE...AND HERE IS A LIST OF WHAT I HAD DONE...

RS machined block bore 81.5 , RS P30 81.5 pistons , GSR Micro polished Crank , GSR Rods , ACL bearings , stock head ,GSR oil pump/ water pump , B20 crank pully , GSR/ITR Frankinstien manifold , GSR injectors , GSR stock headers , Walbro 255 fuel pump , chipped ECU with a base map tune on chrome...

ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED...THANKS

I would thoroughly check these items:

Vacuum leaks

Mechanical timing (aka cams to belt to crank)

Electrical timing

And.....any CEL's?

ok remove your intake tube. look on throttle body near firewall on the inside while car is running.
should see two holes. put finger over the top hole. if car idles fine after it is your idle air valve.. if not cover bottom hole. if idles fine after that then it is your fitv. if that does not fix it cover both holes. if your car does not die then you have a vacuum leak... if it does you have a coolant problem.

try that..

Back