idle prolblems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDM-ED7

I have a 91 Integra Rs and is giving me problems since i got my hands on it. The car starts but iddles really bad after warming up the car starts to get a little betterm but still idles is off. I so far have changed the spark plugs, spark plug wires, distributor cap, and rotor. Also checked timing but timing is on. I advance and retard the distributor but still nothing doesnt even really make much of a difference. There is no check engine light on either and car smells alot like gas when its on. Any help would be greatly appreaciated. THANX

egr valve. i know in chevys itll get stuck and not throw a code. when that thing sticks at a certain position, itll generally screw up your idle when your engine is warm.

The integ I have is auto and I just umplugged a vaccum line that was going to an egr type of thing on the tranny and the car got better and wasnt burnning so much gas, but as soon as i put it in gear the car feels like
its going to turn off. I have the haynes book but kind find anything on a vaccum diagram so that i can check.

yeah, if you have a vacuum pump attach it to the EGR. If the car tries to die when vacuum is applied you have a bad EGR.

Hey im back again and this time I changed the EGR and still nothing the same thing happens. When the car warms up they rough idling kinda stops though.But when I rev it black smoke is comming out of the exhaust. Im thinking it might be the AICV. Rough idle, running rich, and it gets better when it warms up. Also the car does nothing when i unplug the little hose to the MAP sensor and im thinking that might be it too. If anyone could help me out I would really appreciate it thanx.

Oxygen sensor?

Black smoke, rough idle. The sytem is taking its time to go into closed loop and its running rich, could be the heating element on the oxygen sensor(s) has gone south and telling the computer to happily richen the fuel mixture.

Or another possibility is the coolant sensor is toast, almost the same symptoms.

Chet.

google groups tell me that it may not be the EGR, but the EGR pathway to from the head. Apparently there is a possibility of carbon build up which can keep the air from the EGR from passing though but the valve can still lift. might also wanna check that passage. Do check your ECT as well. Definitely a possibility.

Well im back and no good news the car is still not running correct but one thing that i noticed is that the casket for the intake manifold is really thick. I would say its about 1 centimeter or a little less in thickness is this normal?Also the things I have changed so far are: spark plugs, spark plug wires, coil, dis cap, rotor, throttle body with tps( I noticed that the old one had a chunk of the bottom missing where the tps screws in), AICV, valve clearence, temp sensor on the side of the head(it was broken). Also when i unplug the tps nothing really happens. Any one.....

Back