Idle set screw not working?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reikoshea

HS Troll...And Mod
VIP
what do you drive again?

when i have that problem, i just adjust the throttle cable.

The air path for the idle set screw might have junk in it. Try spraying some carb clearner in the hole when the set screw is out, or pull the TB again, and clean those passages with some carb cleaner and compressed air to make sure there's no junk clogging them up.

Maybe your IM gasket or TB gasket has a leak in it somewhere. How does the car idle with the idle screw in? And how did you adust your FITV?

welcome to my world...i dont think my idle screw has ever worked. its all good. ive gotten use to my car idling at 1200......:ph34r:

Honda idles are pretty finicky... The only way the idle screw will work is if you have the IACV unplugged. If you try adjusting the idle with it plugged in, the ECU will compensate for the change. Here's what you need to do...

1. Start car and let it warm up.
2. Unplug the IACV (yes, you'll get a CEL)
** It might stall so be preparred to give it some gas...
3. Adjust idle set screw until car is idling at 650 rpm.
4. Turn car off.
5. Plug in IACV and reset ECU to get rid of CEL.
6. Start car and make sure idle is where it needs to be. Go back and repeat if necessary to get desired idle.
*** There are many factors that will not let this procedure work like it should... i.e. leaking gaskets, bad pcv valve, vacuum leaks, tps not properly calibrated, fitv issue, etc...

also there is a small allen with a jam nut on it on the throtle body ear that is a throtle stop. i have had them be to far out of adujstment and cause idle problems you should try this also

Any results yet? I'm kind of eager to see what your problem is. If you're like I am, I don't fix anything until it bugs me beyond where I'm willing to ignore it. I drove around for like two weeks before fixing my FITV.

Back