idle surge!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yagerbomb87

hey guys i posted a thread befor about my 92 lude f22 with thehigh idle well i figured that out the guy i got the car from didnt have the tps pluged in.. but now i have an idle surge and i cant figure it out i have taken out and cleaned the throttle body, the egr, the fitv, and the iacv and also checked for vacum leaks... but i also heard some were that if you unplug your iacv and it stops thats your problem well on mine it normaly surges from 900 to 2200 or some were close to that but when i unpluged the iacv it shortened and quicken up the surge!!! any ideas or advice???

FITV....remove 2 screws, remove plate, tighten valve inside clockwise, to the right, put back togather. Common F22a1 FITV issue.

sometimes hondas will idle surge because the idle is set little to high. In nortorious for hondas you can ask master techs at honda they will vouch. make sure your idle is set right on both throttle body and throttle cable.

alright i checked the fitv and got a half turn out of it.. and the idle screw is al low as it can go.. and still got the surge... any more ideas??

Back