Idle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

KyleCrews

I have a '94 Prelude Si and after i run it hard for a while when i let off the throttle the tach drops to about 4 or 500 then evens out around 800 where it should. It would be so bad except that sometimes is worse than others(it almost cuts off). I tried turning up the idle but it just does it at a higher rpm (drops to about 500 then evens out around 1g. Any ideas what could be causing this? Already tried the stuff on the page about fixing an eratic idle and still screwing up but only after i run it hard for a while then ti keeps doing it until the car sits for a while. Don't know if its a cooling problem or what. Thanx.

Well I don't know if you fixed this yet, but my car is doing the same thing. I have a 95 Integra GSR. My car will idle fine when its started, but after a while of running, the rpms will drop low right after my foot is off the gas, then level off. Sometimes so low as the car will almost stall. I was told it might be the TPS but I don't know.

I'm not either but it hasn't done it yet today and i went a ran it hard for about an hour on some curvey roads out by the river and i couldn't get it to do it again. The only thing I have changed on my car since that last time it was doing it was that I cleaned the coil wire connections and plugged it back in after the wire blew off on the way home last night. Don't know if that could cause it but check your connections on your coil if your car has one. May be a stupid idea but like i said i couldn't get it to do it again today so maybe. <_<

Back