Idling on LS/VTEC erratic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jam2506

Hey guys first post here, just wondering how to fix the erratic idle on my new ls/vtec running pr3 ecu, and also if anyone knows where i can get reasonably priced stage 2 race axles let me know

ls b18a1 bottom end
pr3 pistons
b16 pr3 head same valvetrain
gsr integra hydralic tranny
act stage 2 clutch and fidanza lightened flywheel

Quoted post[/post]]
Hey guys first post here, just wondering how to fix the erratic idle on my new ls/vtec running pr3 ecu, and also if anyone knows where i can get reasonably priced stage 2 race axles let me know

ls b18a1 bottom end
pr3 pistons
b16 pr3 head same valvetrain
gsr integra hydralic tranny
act stage 2 clutch and fidanza lightened flywheel

Stage 2 race axles? Why? I don't see a turbo, big bore, or stroke anywhere in that list of mods, so I'm guessing your power will be at most, around 225-240whp. I don't see a reason for upgrading the axles IMO.

To fix your erratic idle, check your timing, you should be around 16° at idle. If you are too far advanced or retarded, it will idle oddly. Other than that, all I can say is tune your idle to be around 14.5-15 afr with a wideband, but it should be around there if you are running a stock map.

And I hope you are going to be tuning soon since you are running above 11:1 compression. The pr3 ecu is going to run way too lean.

air in the coolant lines?
voltage on your throttle position sensor? should be 0.5 V closed 4.5 V at wot.
functioning IACV?
vacuum leaks?
(timing as mentioned)

yeah, I forgot about all that stuff, adam. lol. I'm on a tuning high right now.

thanks guys, well the stage 2 axles are just an option when i go for the full engine build i know there uneeded right now why im just purchasing a new set of oem gsr axles, the car is running lean and is going in the local shop asap once i sell my hatch, i have a hatch for sale as well decent body its the cx 92 im putting a used stock motor in it bc this one in it is dead!

which ecu would be best for this set up the p28 is what ive been told and eventually hondata when i upgrade the engine internals and head valvetrain to all skunk components

where do you live?

a p28 will be just fine, you don't need to go hondata, just tune the p28 with crome.

I live in western, PA
i live in a place called slippery rock about 45 minutes north of pittsburgh

it sucks theres not to many shops this area that are reputable and know what there doing with hondas!

thanks again for the info, I'm sure I will have more questions coming soon enough

Back