idling perfect but ...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hi sir,
Actually my normal idling rpm are quit ok but is a bit weird when i rev the rpm and release the pedal then the rpm while suddenly drop until 100-200rpm like going to die off after a while it will going up to 700rpm ? but for normal case the rpm while stop at 1200rpm the slowly drop down to 800-900rpm right ? need your help on this matter , ecu no throwing any faulty code sensor all ok , tps reading set to 0.5v . Thank you .

stock honda idle is about 800 or 700 rpms, it only starts at 1200 for warm up. then the idle drops, when you rev the engine you are helping it (although it is not good to do so untill it is warm) to warm up that is why it happens. Nothing to worry about.

Originally posted by natecspecr@Aug 8 2005, 10:35 AM
drop until 100-200rpm like going to die off after a while it will going up to 700rpm ?

Are you sure you're not misreading your tachometer? I could be way off if you've got some funky tach that I've never seen. But I read you've got a B16 and my B16 tach starts at 500, not 0 like it sounds like you're thinking. You can't read 100-200rpm on most honda's.

Back