Idling Problem after B18C1 swap into 96 EK

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

racersky

Hi I just recently finish completing my GSR motor swap into my EK civic. Now the only problem I'm having is idling problem. My battery meter needle keeps going up and down and something drop as low as 12s and sometime 11. When it comes around 11.9 and you tap the gas in neutral the car will stall. Can someone please help me thanks.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention I checked my idling control sensor and TB sensor and I still don't understand what's going on.

check your grounds and wiring, check timing, try a different battery. Also what year was the gsr motor you installed.

Quoted post[/post]]
check your grounds and wiring, check timing, try a different battery. Also what year was the gsr motor you installed.

sounds liek a possible mix up of your map sensor and throttle position sensor (tps) its very common to do, they are the exact same plug and in the same area. try switching those, see if it works. as for your batter voltage. check connections first. but IF everything is hooked up properly, then your alternator is bad. did you try and re wire your alternator?

Back