if its not the head gasket?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

paulsen

sponge of knowlege
ok i was driving to work thurs. and i stopped at the store to grab a drink, when i started the car again i was blowing huge clouds of white smoke, it overheated two days before i changed the rad cap, and the thermostate, and all seemed to be going great, tell the smoke i took of the head and the gasket looked in great shape, and suggestions? the head has alot of build up in the exhaust ports that is white. any help or info on where to find it would be much appretiated, thanks ahead of time.

without a new head just look it over good for cracks

go to a machine shop and they'll pressure test for cracks, and resurface it so theres no more warpage, it only cost about 100$ for me anyway,. idk if you have a napa ??

sometimes yes sometimes no, but i wouldnt spend the extra money on a head until i new for sure that was the problem thats why i said do a gasket first its cheaper

ok il slapit on there and see how it goes, any suggestions on problem areas of the head? is there week points on a d16a6?

so what do u guys make of the white buildup on the exhaust valves? water / coolant burnoff maybe?

damn mad replys already lol and yes napa autoparts, thats where i go for mine and i would suggest gettin it done when ever you overheat your car, at least get it checked. b/;c if not your gasket will just blow again, and changin them aren't fun. what are you driving anyway?

i really dont want to have to take off the head again i can get one from pick n pull for around a hundred bucks should i just get it instead of getting this one checked out?

i really dont want to have to take off the head again i can get one from pick n pull for around a hundred bucks should i just get it instead of getting this one checked out?
yes

Back