if its not the head gasket?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i think thats what ill do, is there a upgrade head for this motor? that i can find at tghe local junk yard?

92-95 civic ex or si head d16z6

Last edited:
well im over in ct but cali is known for honda shi t
im sure you could find a shop, but um, throw the head away and do what ahhh vtec said. it will be a peppy little 1.6 liter single cam. and theres also a d15b vtec jdm head, came with 130
yes do that, and get some toda cams and tune it.

ill definitly look for that head, is that the stamp on the block that im going to be looking for?

is that yup to ex and si or is that the stamp im looking for? or both? sorry im a noob to honda

obd1 ex and si is the same motor.,. d16z6 or you can find a d15b that will raise your comp. slightly to if im not mistaken. but youll have to look online for that. cuz thats jdm but its only 5 hp diff.

do i have to add or change anything to put an 0bd1 head on my 1.6?will all my parts work together timing belt, and dizzy?

the d15b and the z6 heads are the same, you will have to convert your car to obd1 and mpfi if you dont have a si or hf and you will need to run a few extra wires

its an si mpfi and its a d16a6 will a d15b or z6 head fit a 1.6? sorry if i am missunderstanding you.

yes it will fit you will need to convert to obd1 get a new ecu and run a few wires and your done

what wires and is it worth to convert when im building an lsvtec at the house?

depends on what you need to know

Last edited:
im confused?? what are you doing jsut get your motor to run again so you can drop a ls in
? and f uck ls' vtec lol seriously. theres so much risk., just get a gs-r or ls turbo ls turbo would be cheaper.

im putting p3o pistons in my b18a1, for high compression, i looked at a link that adds all the factors, im looking at 12.2:1 do you think 93 octane will be cool?

i think 93 might be fine just get a good tune

Back