if its not the head gasket?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

your gonna have to match the ecu to what ever head you use.

oh ok that makes sense, all obd0 ecu's plug and play?

d series willnot work with b ecu
but anyway will my combo of mixed parts work together? i mean its the same motor. and i have the manifold and dizzy obd1 so?

d series willnot work with b ecu
but anyway will my combo of mixed parts work together? i mean its the same motor. and i have the manifold and dizzy obd1 so?
do you have any check engine lights ? that combo will be fine as long as its wired for it

um kinda.,, all b series are interchangable, and d series? get it?? but if your adding vtec it aint plug and play. go to rywire.com and how old are you?

what do you mean wired for it? the kid who had it before me ran the car fine, only i did is put a obd2 head on. i have engine lights 20, and a misfire, and 91

what?? and yes ry wire makes wires for evetyhitng, simple plug and play its like 15 bucks for the wire for vtec. i'd recommend. so you ahve no shorts and yadda yadda.

you said you put a wire on a injector to make it longer? makesure its tapped or something, i would jsut do it right.

so i got the head gasket on. finally, so can anyone give me suggestions on how to get the timming belt tight? its snug but im not confident in itspresent state

The white smoke coming out the tailpipe means you have antifreeze mixing with the oil. You need to take the head off and check the head gasket very carefully for any brake/tears/cracks that lets the water port hole on the gasket go into the oil holes on the gasket or into one of the cylinders. If you decide to use your old head first use a straightedge yourself on the cylinder side and see if it is warped, if so have it milled. Do you see any cracks in the head? Sometimes they hide from you real well. Also check down each cylinder for cracks in the walls. You can have the old head magnaflexed (checking for cracks/leaks) and if all is well with the old head reuse it. Obviously you want to replace the old head gasket. You mentioned the white residue on the head or manifold. Many times that can tell you at which cylinder it has been leaking at. The more whiteness equals the most likely place it was leaking at. Good Luck.

as you tighten it, is it supposed to sinch itself down or is there a trick, or am i just retarded?lol

hey craiger i changed the oil and the two didnt mix, but the buld up is in the two center cylnders i am guessing 2 and 3, so i figured thats were it all went bad.does this sound normal no water in the oil?

dude by that last comment yeah your retarted lol, why would there be water in the oil?? change your valve coverf gasket, and spark plugs seals, and never used the tensioner, but im sure you can figure it out,

hey it could be that ur valve stem seals are bad well if it them it mostly puff a little blue smoke at high rpm but it depends how bad they are??

Back