If selling a car were would you list the Ad

• Autotrader

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cars.com

• Ot

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX-YEM

Super Moderator
VIP
My boss is trying to see a 97 Saab 93 Turbo SE w/100kmiles , he's listed it in the bargainnews and has had a total of 1 call on it. So I thought we'd get some feedbcak as to where people look these days

AutoTrader... that's the only place I even look. They have the most listings out of all the sites anyway- at least in the Texas area.

i would go with a local paper or weekly classified magazine...

the problem with online is that you get lots of coverage, but very rarely are the people near you unless you are in a big city..

Originally posted by reckedracing@Nov 11 2004, 11:43 AM
i would go with a local paper or weekly classified magazine...

the problem with online is that you get lots of coverage, but very rarely are the people near you unless you are in a big city..
[post=415394]Quoted post[/post]​

That is whats good about cars.com... a lot of newspapers will put your add on cars.com when you put it in their paper. When I put my car up for sale, I called the bee and they put it in cars.com.

What I like about cars.com over any other site is that you can search for a radius around your zipcode. My brother's accord is on there and he's getting a lot of calls... granted they're all flakes, but still.

I hate searching autotrader because I'll search for what car I want and see something I like, but it'll be 2000 miles away.

AutoTrader is good but also list it on craigslist for your area, Boston and NY.

My sales rep had problems selling his 99 SAAB. He tried the courant. I just don't know if there is no demand for the cars.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Nov 11 2004, 01:30 PM
My boss is trying to see a 97 Saab 93 Turbo SE w/100kmiles , he's listed it in the bargainnews and has had a total of 1 call on it. So I thought we'd get some feedbcak as to where people look these days
[post=415363]Quoted post[/post]​

Maybe he's asking too much money for his car. What is he asking for it? When a car like that has a 100K miles on it, regular non-mechanical people aren't too excited about buying them. Honda people are more fearless about high mileage cars.

cars.com/autotrader.com

i check both at the same time, or a local newspaper....but i'd do the paper/cars.com thing because some papers list their classified ads on cars.com. I think a newspaper actually owns cars.com

The asking price was $6000 obo
to price the car he looked at the bargain news for a week or two and kept track of the high/low value of other saabs that were for sale and proced his in the middle.

and the kbb, nadaguides, and edmunds all give the car a value = or > than the asking price

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Nov 12 2004, 09:07 AM
The asking price was $6000 obo
to price the car he looked at the bargain news for a week or two and kept track of the high/low value of other saabs that were for sale and proced his in the middle.

and the kbb, nadaguides, and edmunds all give the car a value = or > than the asking price
[post=415782]Quoted post[/post]​

Bluebook means nothing though, its all in the specific demand in the area.

Back