if ya don't know now ya know....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

for lyricist, give jay-z a second, third, and even fourth listen. slow it down a little bit. maybe even read the lyrics online. his last 2 or 3 albums are lyrically epic.

I agree completely, however, Nas was doing it long before Jay Z was. Nas goes back in the day and still was able to have a good sound while talking about stuff that was deeper than most others at the time...

I agree completely, however, Nas was doing it long before Jay Z was. Nas goes back in the day and still was able to have a good sound while talking about stuff that was deeper than most others at the time...

again, you're right. but nas turned me off when he got all into the black panther/black pride movement. obviously i can't relate, but nonetheless, it wasn't his best work.

fuck rap.. give me some decent hip hop.. if its never been played on the radio, its probably good

I'll take "The Rapists" for $200 Alex.

ok cliff, here's your $200 question.

He's a quarterback who has won two super bowls, parties with college chicks and just hired the best athlete lawyer in the country.

Wonder how many stories like that one will come out now that Spring Break is right around the corner...

Not to threadjack, but I would expect nothing less than fellow HS'ers who live by the beach/party area to post picks of events taking place during Spring Break.

/threadjack

always preferred pac... i liked the west coast beats better... liked the lyrics more too... though i wouldnt fully call either of them lyricists, i think pac did a decent job for a "gangster rapper"

for lyricists i listen to Del Tha Funkee Homosapien, Hieroglyphics, Tribe Called Quest, Pharcyde, KRS, Mos Def, Camp-Lo, Outkast, Jurassic5, Aesop Rock, Atmosphere......... and others, but those of you actually know who the fuck im talking about get the idea

I smell a HS rap challenge in the near future :D

rofl, i jsut went through like half of that thread, lmao. i had a couple good ones. haha

I will listen to Pac or Biggie, but I have to be in the right mood for rap. Most of the time I think it's crap.

Watched the movie Notorious, they try so hard to make him not look like a piece of shit in his everyday life, but he is. As are a lot of famous "artists".

Outkast is good too. I prefer the 'story' as it where in rap more so than the beats themselves.

Back