If you drive an AWD car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

That CRX is sects.

D16Z6 FTW.

Or go old-school with the OHV CVCC motor and a JDM HKS turbo kit.

Those phone-dials need to go though, drop that shit like its hot on some 13" black Wantabes and R-comps.

Oh fooey, I've gone and mad myself happy in the man-region. :ph34r:

Quoted post[/post]]
That CRX is sects.

D16Z6 FTW.

Or go old-school with the OHV CVCC motor and a JDM HKS turbo kit.

Those phone-dials need to go though, drop that shit like its hot on some 13" black Wantabes and R-comps.

Oh fooey, I've gone and mad myself happy in the man-region. :ph34r:

poor boy. :p

no way, i LOOOOVE the phonedials. perhaps a z6 :) but the ew4? motor it has now will suffice. :)

Quoted post[/post]]
Oh jesus I forgot you lived in Colorado. For a state that can get 18 feet of snow the people there have no CLUE what they are doing in it. Also, Colorado Springs simply didn't plow, not sure about your area.

but those people get in a car and just spin their tires and bitch.

Well, in my area they are pretty good at plowing the main roads. First sign of some serious snowfall, and they're already out prepping the streets. That's only the case if it's gonna be some hardcore snowfall. It's the side streets that get all the accidents. People think that they can go 25-30 mph with 3" of solid, packed snow under them. NO WAY. Or, they go 5mph and slide right through stop signs. :wtf:

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

word. the fz4's are just as capable as the skinnier yoko as430's. i dont really have any issues. its just BS when idiots.... guh.

also - WRX's come stock with yoko as430's in their bug-eye years.
No, they come stock with their RE092's that suck ass. I know, I have them.

ive seen a bunch of stock wrx's from the dealer with as430's :shrug2:

Every WRX that I know of, came with RE092's. They're for sale, for dirt cheap on subie sites constantly, yet i've never seen any yoko's on a stock WRX.

For the record, I've pointed out before that the RE092's suck and traction is still a bitch. If I had snow tires, the WRX would be untouchable compared to anything else that I've driven in the snow, right now its still good but its just cheap rubber that isn't nearly good enough.

:concur:

the RE092 is also the stock tire on the insight
and the insight is too much car for those tires
they suck ass, end of story

they suck in the dry
they really suck in the rain
and they REALLY REALLY fucking SUCK in the snow

i would put them in the top 10 for worst tire ever made
they have no redeeming value what so ever
dry traction is laughable
wet traction can be a bit frightening at times
snow traction is nonexistant
cornering stability is weak at best
im not sure about other cars but they do last a long time on the insight (got 98k out of the first set)
and i guess they are a low rolling resistance tire, so they are supposed to be good for gas mileage

if there were other options available in a 165/65/14 i would be running them
but no other car in the US runs that size tire so no one makes shit in that size
there are a few european companies that are not available in the US that make tires in that size
Nokian has a few tires in that size but getting them in the US is a pain in the ass... ive been trying for 2 years now but they only import a certain amount and they sell out stupidly fast... (this year im calling in august damnit)
as soon as i get some though i cant see myself ever going back

fuck those tires :mad:

The tires are alright for the first couple thousand miles, but after that there's really no redeeming characteristics. Most have reported scary situations in the wet after they have a couple thousand miles on the tires. If the tires are at full tread, they're half decent but as soon as it starts to wear...

After these tires, I've definately decided I'm atleast upgrading the rubber in the WRX even if I can't find a lightweight rim that suits me other than the stockers.

I've also decided that if I'm going to be going through any bad weather next year I need a set of winter tires and basically the RE092's will be sold for dirt cheap or given away. I figured I'd tough it out one winter with them and I'll do fine, it just puts me in a sketchier situation than I would like and I really have to watch out foro any slush because 1-2 inches of slush = traction is fucked completely and instantly. I was sliding doing 15mph because I was on slush and the ABS was going crazy. My dad's RAV4 didn't slide nearly as bad and it has quite a bit of weight and a high center of gravity, and he's even on cheap rubber too. The re092 is just a bad tire.

the lower profile and wider tire on the WRX must help some
in the size im running there really isnt any point in the life of these tires that i would give them a rating above "bad"
i really cant believe some of the cars that these come stock on after experiencing them on the insight

im very good at driving in the snow and it is flat out scary on these tires
the added weight and AWD im sure helps a TON for starting off and stability while driving in the snow... but turning and stopping must be sketchy as hell

i know we dont always agree (hell we usually dont) but be careful on those tires and do yourself a HUGE favor and get rid of them ASAP
they are IMO a safety hazard

Back