If you had $8-10k...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

240sx- rwd, 50/50 weight balance, good engines to later put in, what's not to like? I'd like to personally see a '96 240sx with the RB26DET, can you say All Wheel Drive!!!

Can you say "just as expensive as importing and DOTing a real GTR"?

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Aug 1 2005, 07:52 AM-->
best daily driver on the planet = honda insight
00-02s are going for somewhere in the $8-10K area if you look around a little

and no one makes anything for it performance wise, so it wont turn into ANOTHER project car (although i am planning on adding a small turbo to mine :ph34r: )
[post=533933]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

I do a LOT of reading about the Insight- it just fascinates the hell out of me. It's actually supposed to be a very fun car to drive. I haven't had a chance to beat on one yet though. The turbo Insights running around are actually fairly impressive. I'd love to get one and play around with a turbo system on it.

Originally posted by SiLude@Aug 1 2005, 08:22 AM
would like a civic, dont want a z or an insight. i want something i can have fun in, mod up a little.
[post=533940]Quoted post[/post]​

The Insight can still be modded... and like I said earlier- it actually does handle pretty well.

Originally posted by micah@Aug 1 2005, 12:04 PM
corvetteguy
@Aug 1 2005, 11:07 AM
1990 celica gt hatch 5spd imo.......
[post=533975]Quoted post[/post]​

he said no trucks
[post=534029]Quoted post[/post]​

:lmao:

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking when I saw that picture!

10k for me - a nice down payment on a used 2002-03 AWD, 5 speed, four door, bugeyed, turbocharged 14 second vehicle.

oh, in WR Blue Pearl. ;)

Same boat as you, but i'm spending $10-$12k. Either a newer Camaro Z28 or 99+ Mustang GT. Not much else is as fast and what I want.

I live in Vegas, and have a 92prelude sitting with no engine, but it has brand new tokico blues with springs package. It needs work, but I'm sure you can fix it up nice.

DO NOT buy a porshe. Worst investment ev4r for your kinda price range. You'll be wishing you planted a money tree. I'd say go for a cheap four door ~93ish accord. Can't beat the price, and those fuckers run forever. Stash the rest of the dough away.

My REAL suggestion would be to buy something that will do good with gas mileage. The Insight would be awesome, although I personally would find a way to remove the rear wheel covers (or whatever they are called).

I was mildly joking with the Porsche post. :)

I just saw an insight on autotrader listed at a Honda dealer in LaRochelle, NY with only 16,500 miles on it. listed for 7995. I'd hit that fucker up.

:werd: that is a HELL of a fucking price

at least go drive one before you completly rule them out
it REALLY is a fun car to drive
it isnt as slow as people think that it is... i have no problem keeping up with or passing most traffic... ive had mine up to 113mph... i have a picture of the dash at 108 (and i was still getting 20mpg :p )
it handles quite well... i whooped some ass at autocross last year with mine :)
as long as you can deal with the 2 seater thing its great
storage space is good too... i have fit a TON of stuff in the back for camping trips and shit

Originally posted by driverunknown@Aug 3 2005, 12:18 AM
I live in Vegas, and have a 92prelude sitting with no engine, but it has brand new tokico blues with springs package. It needs work, but I'm sure you can fix it up nice.
[post=534959]Quoted post[/post]​

dude, find me a 92-96 lude WITH a motor and i will be your new best friend. that is def. #1 on my list of cars.

well, i would buy a cheap car and fix it up, but its not my money. the money is for a car only. i will have about $1300 from selling my cars. i figure about half or so would go to the car. nothing major really, dropped, tints, taking my system out oy my lude and putting it in the new car, intake. thats about it for a while. the project car will be fun though. i decided i'm gonna get an ek hatch just to piss phyre off.

i guess i would have to drive the insight. but i kinda want a back seat. i want something with some room, not like my miata. but if i did get it, i would def. have to take off the wheel well covers as well.

it looks stupid as fuck with the wheel covers off... lol

the insight is really a fun car.

hell, two weeks ago, me, e and bill were crusing up to mass....

i'm in the left lane doing 105, bill is behind, cuz he pulled off for coffee, and here comes e, in the right lane, passing me like i'm standing still in the insight.

sti owned. lol
so, then i simply floored it in 6th and left him like a gramma walking :p

944- DO NOT BUY ONE. I've had one, it's fun and can be fast, but for a DD don't do it.

Golf TDI

Audi A4 1.8T Quattro, completely rule out the FWD, it's not worth it.

I was thinking about an insight, but it's just too small for me to drive everyday.

Back