IF you had $8500 what would yu get?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cuz it's true.
specially out here in So. Cali.
fucking CHUNTI'S all over the place with their 4 foot high type r wing on an 89 hatch, chrome EVERYWHERE, loud ass mufflers that deafen your ears, they try and rev on you because they just saw the subtitled version of "EL FUERTE Y EL FURIOSO"
chrome rims
sitckers everywhere
mufflers where they shouldnt be
mufflers period
chunti music
BRAHMA bulls painted on the sides of the doors
dingle-berries on the dashboard
disco ball light hanging from rear-view mirror
"LOVE MA-CHIN" painted on the side windows
leaning to the side, two miles an hour, 19 seconds a quarter-mile
fuck someone who lives in so cali back me up please....these CHUNTIS are getting out of hand

Preach on brother.... If another kid comes and revs up on me with his faggy ass shitcan of a toilet civic, I swear I'm buying an F-350 and mowin em all down. I'm not one to judge others by the way they look or what they have(hell my car is still not even painted yet), but all that "race around with my slow ass 19 sec car, throwin revs, cuttin people off, etc. gives the real tuners a bad rep. I usually don't respond to these threads, but since I just got home from work and this just happened to me on the way home, I feel the need to get up on the soapbox. Maybe its because I just took a HUGH Cush bowl to the dome! my $.02 :D

Here in Longmont it's just as bad. We've got a hella huge population of Mexicans in Colorado, especially in Longmont. Every car looks the same...13" wheels pushed out 9" or more from the car, springs cut, fartcan exhaust, their family name in Olde English font across the back windshield, chrome everywhere, chunti (as karnash called it :D ) music blaring, CD hangin from the rearview (???), I could go on and on. However, not many of them rev on me, so I'll give them credit there.

Im with you karnash, i am in so cal, and i do know what your talking aboutm i see that shit all the time, but all im saying is its not a race thing, i see all race's driving around in there shit can civcs. But you line about "EL FUERTE Y EL FURIOSO" is the best thing ive read all day. :worthy:

two-chicks.jpg

that about sums it up

Originally posted by Silverchild79@Jul 16 2003, 03:45 PM
two-chicks.jpg

that about sums it up

Haaaahahahahaha

I can't type out enough :werd: emoticons to express how right you are.

I would take it and buy something other than a honda unless you really love tuning them.

I dislike mustangs greatly but I'd be quick to go out and buy a nice trans am or camaro if I had 8500 dollars available in hand.

I rode in my friend's trans am for the first time, its a '96 and practically stock [runs a 13.5] except for the ram air and the new gears he has in the back...but that car flies. It put me back in the seat so many times, smoked the tires through every gear, and was so incredibley fast that it made me think how much better suited I would be in one than my honda....except for the tickets, insurance, and the fact that I would probably kill myself going too fast.

Originally posted by xyswany@Jul 16 2003, 04:13 PM
i was going to get a gsr til i gotta lil letter from american family the other day.

so insurance money is a problem for you? go with the EG civic idea, but consider turboing. you can get a sweet setup for the amount of cash you got

You can get a new engine and a turbo with that kinda money. Blow everyone away like that Trans Am.

Originally posted by MarkJimenez99@Jul 16 2003, 05:59 PM
You can get a new engine and a turbo with that kinda money. Blow everyone away like that Trans Am.

New engine = 3Gs Good Turbo Setup = 2-3Gs Car in Good Condition = 3Gs

That would be cutting it close and thats if you do all the work yourself, like I said if I had that kind of money and wasn't all about tuning cars and just wanted a quick car I would buy a Trans Am. Yes, I'm one sorry fucker who fell in love.

I agree with slammedintegra, get a 240 with swap, like an SR20 or something like that. But since this is a Honda site, get a 95 Civic Coupe and either keep the SOHC VTEC an build it up for a turbo, or go B16. My friend kept his SOHC and built it up and put a turbo on it (along with other things and it is fast as hell).

Originally posted by 2fastCRX@Jul 16 2003, 06:14 PM
I agree with slammedintegra, get a 240 with swap,

Just like the other 100,000 people that have done it?

I keep saying it again and again- the 240 is the next Civic for ricer appeal and aftermarket parts saturation.

Originally posted by 2fastCRX@Jul 16 2003, 06:14 PM
I agree with slammedintegra, get a 240 with swap, like an SR20 or something like that. But since this is a Honda site, get a 95 Civic Coupe and either keep the SOHC VTEC an build it up for a turbo, or go B16. My friend kept his SOHC and built it up and put a turbo on it (along with other things and it is fast as hell).

Get a 300zx if you're going Nissan.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Jul 16 2003, 06:34 PM-->
@Jul 16 2003, 06:14 PM
I agree with slammedintegra, get a 240 with swap,

Just like the other 100,000 people that have done it?

I keep saying it again and again- the 240 is the next Civic for ricer appeal and aftermarket parts saturation.

I'll break this down for you real simply;

Car manufactures produce many many vehicles and sell them in mass quanities so the price of the cars is kept to a minimum. Unless you're shelling out the cash to have a custom car built or a very expensive car built you're not going to be new and unique; its all been done before so just quit trying. Maybe what you put on the exterior of the car or how you mod the engine is slightly different from other people's rides...but I doubt it unless you're some sort of wizard mechanic or once again have the cash to shell out to do something outrageous....but the platform will always be the same basic platform. The car won't be unique, its been mass marketed all over the united states, europe, and japan.

Screw a 300zx. Why not get a 1991 240 sx with SR20 swap and convert the body to an s13? That would be so much better than a 300zx. And yes, they are becoming more popular than Civics.

i say with 8500 bucks, buy a 1985-87 corolla gts...my friend bought one for 900 bucks....you'll have 7600 bucks to spend on parts or your chic...you decide...and when you feel like it, you can pull some REAL drifts, which is WAYYY more fun than any racing i know of.

Originally posted by karnash+Jul 16 2003, 05:18 PM-->
@Jul 16 2003, 05:12 PM
dont forget the curb feelers and the 7 inch wheel offset

and dont noone gimme this "poor immigrant" liberal fucking bullshit.

any of you fuckers that just emmigrated into the united states from mexico or parts thereabouts in the past 20 years....

you dont know the MEANING of being a "minority"

My fucking dad came over to America from Italia in Sept. of 1946. talk about prejudice? EVERYONE hated the italians.

there were NO italian billboards, there werent 50 channles on cable t.v. of Italian programming, there were no organizations (with the exception of that one Father from Chicago...Father Tom?) that helped out the poor italian immigrants....

you fuckers got it SO fucking easy right now.

My dad came over to this country, not speaking a fucking lick of english, with hardly any social services like the mexicans have today, they did not speak ITALIAN like the speak SPANISH in every fucking classroom in school.

and u know what?

my dad graduated from USC in the top of his class.....

Quit your fucking bitching about how "hard" the hispanic people have it today, and look to the ones who came before you....

if they can make it, why cant you?????????????????

you guys wanna know what REAL minority is? how about being a hawaiian, as i am. when was the last time any of you has met a real hawaiian? in fucking hawaii, there are maybe 100 people out of 500,000 that are 100% hawaiian. Now THATS a minority. oh and in case you guys didnt know, hawaii is part of the US, we use US money, and we dont live in grass shacks and get around in canoes...just wanted to let ya know.

And be like everyone else??!! How many people that you know have a 240sx with an s13 body. Sure alot of people put SR20 motors in 240's, but don't alot of people put B16's in Honda's? How unique can you be with a Honda. I think you can be pretty unique with the 240sx i described and then some.

Back