If you had just followed the rules......

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

E made a good point that having fire service in this guys town was a new thing . . .

I.E. people's houses used to always burn to the ground when they caught fire because there was nobody to call.

my point was that it was not new... its been that way for 20 years

the guy knew he had to pay for fire dept service... he has paid in the past... this year he decided to not pay... he claimed he forgot to ( :bs: )

Lol.

Homeowner admits he tought they'd bend the rules for a special person such as himself.
:owned:

yeah i saw where you wrote that... and i saw where it was written in the article...

i also watched the video on that page where they are talking to him and watched him say

I paid it before... I payed it last year... and i paid it year before and year before... and ... i... i.. i just... i dont know.... i just... it slipped my mind

that is directly from his mouth to video... and it sounds like bullshit... "i... ummm... yeah... i forgot" :bs:

he knew he didnt pay... he thought he could get over on the system... he thought he was special... he thought the rules didnt apply to him... he thought he could save a few bucks... doesnt matter what the hell he thought... he thought wrong... and his quest to save $75 cost him his house and everything in it...
expensive lesson... hope he learned

the only reason this is being discussed is that the firefighters were right there.

i still think it could be a liability issues. if they go in and someone died, family says, "why did you go in there, they weren't covered under the policy? so he lost his life because of someone who chose not to be covered?"

I can just see a group of Italian firefighters showing up at the guys house.

"Hey, you ain' payed ya pratecshin fa this yea"
"I'm sorry Sal, I was gonna pay it, I swear, it just slipped my mind"
"What if yous was to have an accident?" *kicks over gas can in his garage
"No, please Sal, don't do it, I'll get you the money"
"Sorry, da boss sez we godda make an ezample of ya. If you get away widdout payin, nobody gonna pay" *lights match
"No, Sal, please!"
"You got till the end o' da week, then, who knows. I'd hate to see somethin bad happen." *uses match to light cigar
"Come on boys, let's go" *knocks over lawn ornament on the way out

If they fought this fire, it would set a precident that people don't have to pay the 75, and they will still come out anyway.

Heartless, perhaps, but long term, doing nothing is the right choice.

If they fought this fire, it would set a precident that people don't have to pay the 75, and they will still come out anyway.

Heartless, perhaps, but long term, doing nothing is the right choice.

If any injury/sue-able incident happened while the firefighters were operating in an un-covered location, the entire firehouse could end up going broke and shutting down.

It was never worth it for them to help this jackass.

Back