if you had money, what would you do...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

saturn_boy96

88 C1V1C 53D4N DR1V3R
Okay so this is really a homework assignment, but i just thought i would throw this out there so i could see...

if you had 50k how much and where would you put your money?

Medium to low risk IRA's, diversified so if a company takes a hit, you don't lose it.

Seriously if you want to learn the ways, listen to clark howard on NPR.

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Sep 14 2003, 07:15 PM
down payment on a house

That isn't a good investment unless its in a high end neighbor hood that will go up in value.

EX: We had a house that we bought for 120k, sold it 8 years later for 190k, and didn't do much, just resided and remodeled one room. Now 5 years after we sold it, that same house is worth around 320k. Now that's an investment you can get paid off of.

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Sep 14 2003, 10:14 PM
Okay so this is really a homework assignment, but i just thought i would throw this out there so i could see...

if you had 50k how much and where would you put your money?

I'd buy some platform shoes to make me 7'2"!
Or maybe buy a small house. I dunno...

since it isn't real money i think i'm gonn try with some "risky" businesses.

these have to be form the NYSE, AMEX, and NASDAQ.

Or maybe buy a small house. I dunno...

i think 50k is enough to buy a hole to crap in, thats about it tho. :p

hookers and tequila. ha ha ha. j/k. are you trying to make money or did you theoretically inherit it. spend 10 grand on a car, 20 on high risk stocks and 20 in a solid mutual fund.

it doesn't really matter if i make or lose money, but if i make the most money out of my classmates i'll get an extra like .5% at the end of the semester.

so i don't really care, but i don't want to lose the most money. i'm supposed to invest in 1 from the nyse, 1 from AMEX, and 1 from Nasdaq, and 2 mutual funds.

the project goes from tommorrow to dec. 12 i think, so i was thinking of investing in companies that will be able to take advantage of the holidays. ya know like toy companies, candy companies, an such...

i had the same thing in highschool. i also had the same train of thought, (investing in holiday oriented stocks) and it didnt work out too well.

Seriuosly, if you are wanting that .5% turn your radio on to the local NPR(national Public Radio Station) and listen to clark howard. That man will tell you where to put "your" money and how much more reliable wise it would be in that association compared to a different blue chip, high risk,e tc. I did the stock market game or whatever with 100k in my frosh year in 4th year computer apps(yeah I type fast) and seriously, I brought it to around 135k by the end of the semester and that's an extremely high turn over, by using real stocks and having to use simulated expenses for trades, etc.

xyswany Posted on Sep 14 2003, 10:49 PM
i had the same thing in highschool. i also had the same train of thought, (investing in holiday oriented stocks) and it didnt work out too well.

what did you invest in? any reason why it didn't work out?

build a time machine.
go back to 1985

buy 103231341232321 shares in microsoft with the remaining $1,000

oh so it's investing. here these are stocks to invest in to make money. conocophilips (they increased profits 141% last year). tyson foods (they increased profits 117% last year). and duke energy (they increased profits last year 73.7%) they will all make you money, i hope i could help.

awesome. i'll check those out

* theres nothing worng with an R30, but you know i'd have an AE86 right next to it too*

honestly dude, if this is a homework assignment, why dont you go for some extra credit points.

im sure the teacher is going to get sick of reading:

"I intend to diversify my portfolio in medium to moderate risk mutual funds, while at the same time investing in the soy market due to the fact that CNN reported soy harvests were up 3 1/4 percent this past quarter. According to Forbes.com the money market is not a good place for the frugal investor to ......."

what the fuck?

Tell him the truth. tell him you want to invest it in cheap hookers, booze, weed, coke and a hotel room booked for 3 nights and he/she is invited.

i wish i had assignments like that. i would have so much fun with the teacher lol.

Back