if you're not represented by the dems, you're screwed.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i'd like to suggest that everyone in this thread consider signing up at DownsizeDC.org - at the very least check out their proposed legislation. they make political activism easy for all of us to access.

Thanks for the link dacheat

the best way to fix this country at the moment seems to be to strip the executive branch of foriegn policy powers and elect Ron Paul

(I only say strip the executive office because Paul's ideology on foreign policy is freely, pre WWI & isolationist)

I think a big part of foreign policy should involve reigning in the CIA. Their foreign torture/terrorist training/drug ops are an affront to our constitution & our values as Americans.

I think a big part of foreign policy should involve reigning in the CIA. Their foreign torture/terrorist training/drug ops are an affront to our constitution & our values as Americans.

I look at it the other way. The CIA/NSA has had its balls ran through the ringer so many times that they dont say anything about anything anymore. Or when they do it gets twisted to either justify or deny something that they spend 98% of their time running CYA.

I do not think they should be used to orchestrate coup's necessarily but if some bad guy is out their in the jungle or the desert and the best course of action is a hit team. Then by all means smoke the dude.

Sadly I do not think it is possible for us to turtle anymore, we are to interconnected with most everyone. So if Russia decides to run a proxy war against country XYZ who happens to be our alley do we simply let them burn? I am sure most everyone here knows about the CIA's involvement with the first Afghan war. They didn't develop stingers out of rocks and sand to take out Hind's did they? Granted we ran that Op to stop the spread of communism.

The proper application of the CIA can either prevent a global disaster or start one. Also the fact that every other first and second world country is running their own Intel shops more or less requires us to have our own. Spies play there own little fucked up game of cat and mouse and I do believe that at some point or points things have been handled through back channels that have prevent major issues down the road.

Back