igition start up problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dblkack

OKay, guyz

Lets see who can help me out on this one...because i'm puzzled!
My LS/vtec only starts by boost...I have a p72/w skunk2 computer mod...
I bought a new battery thinking that was the problem (was not). I had the alternator check and it's good. when I did the ls/vtec swap, I changed the spark plugs & wires...they are 4months old. I just changed them today thinking that was the problem (was not)...My alarm works perfectly even though I can not start the car...When I have it boost and run it for a while...I turn it off and it turns back on...If I wait for approx 10mins it will not start...I was thinking the distributor, but when i changed the spark plugs...my car was stalling...i had the spark wires installed the incorrect way...but i figured it out and its not stalling anymore when boost. When i turn the igition to crank it up, i believe i hear the starter but no cranking...its funny because when its boost it starts right up so maybe the starter is out the question as well right? I'm thinking that when i was switching ECU"S from p72 to p30 I forgot to take off the negative wire from the battery, so I dont know what happen...BEFORE I GO GET A DIAGNOTIC...ANYONES EXPERTISE WILL BE TAKEN INTO CONCERATION!!!
THANKS AGAIN

I think that something is draining the battery when the car is off, this can be hard to pinpoint, if you have a system in the car try unhooking it and then jump the car, let it run for a while, then shut it off, start it quick to see if it starts, if it does, then shut it off and wait a while.
if it starts again after a while, then it was something with the system,
if its not that, then try the same thing with the alarm.
if it's still not that, then have your starter tested,
if its not that then I have no clue.

hmmm do you have amp wires hooked up to the battery or any other wires hooked up cause it's sounding like you have alot of shit hooked up to the battery maybe

Appreciate your replies....

The battery checked good, alternator checked good, I unplugged the spark plug wires and it was stalling...(I did that just to check if the distributor was good) I plug it back and it was running idling fine..when boost
Answer: The starter was the problem...I replaced it and it starts right up...I have never had a starter go bad on me...Now I know what to look out for if I encounter a problem like this again...thanks for your feedback!!!

Back