ignition coil in h22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

saleem

I think i might have an ignition coil problem in my h22. I used an ignition coil from a 98 civic. My car's tachometer has mini seizures once in awhile. Sometimes there would be a sudden power loss, but it was okay until a day or two ago. Now if i drive it, the tach goes crazy and my car constantly stalls??? Does this sound like an ecu, wire, or ignition coil problem?

You have a JDM H22A distributor?
Anyway, sounds like an ignition module problem. Its located inside the distributor. Replace it and it will be fine.

^^^Could be. Definitely sounds like it's inside the dizzy. Try that module first, since it's the easiest to replace. If not, you can trade the guts out of any Accord or Prelude distributor, and possibly a civic. You have to keep your H22 housing and main dizzy shaft.

<<<<King of re-using parts. :)

no joke, i took lessons from you and my car runs GREAT....with an accord ignitor and coil and a prelude housing...crazy.

Necessity is the mother of invention. My internal dizzy worked perfect. I pulled my motor from my old LX, and it sat for 6 months. I bought an EX, and installed the motor. No spark! The fucker went bad while shelfed. I needed spark to drive, so I did what I do best, I pulled shit apart..............

Dumb question, and I apologize for the thread jack, but is there a link anywhere that you know of that would show pics or give directions to pulling my JDM h22a dizzy apart and switching the coil and ignitor???? This is the only ignition related thing I haven't tried to solve a problem I'm having and I'm short on cash, so I might try switching internals with a D series non vtec dizzy. Don't even know if it will work, but might be worth a try. Again, very sorry for the thread jack, but any help would be appreciated.

Or at least let me try to narrow this down to yes or no questions in some very unscientific terms.
Do I have to swap the entire internals??? Or just ignitor and coil???
Now, coil is the heavy thing that's screwed into the bottom of the dizzy with two wires coming off it???
Ignitor is the small box that the other 7 wires plug into????

I'm wasted, so bear that in mind.

The ignitor has about four flat spade connectors going to it. It's flattish, and an inch or so wide. The coil, well, it looks like a friggin coil.

The "guts" as I put it, are the mass of wires that will not seperate without cutting. You have, a housing, a main shaft, the guts, and the coil.

for a wasted explination it was pretty good, i couldnt have done better sober.

Yeah, I was impressed. I've gotten some pretty bad wasted explanations, so that was by far the best one I've seen yet.
In case anyone is interested, or perhaps already knew this, but I'll post it anyway. A d series ignitor and coil pack work in the jdm h22a dizzy. Guts look exactly the same as well, but I didn't change those.

Quoted post[/post]]
Yeah, I was impressed. I've gotten some pretty bad wasted explanations, so that was by far the best one I've seen yet.
In case anyone is interested, or perhaps already knew this, but I'll post it anyway. A d series ignitor and coil pack work in the jdm h22a dizzy. Guts look exactly the same as well, but I didn't change those.

Sweet, I had reason to believe that was true, but I haven't fucked with d-series parts.

Wasted explanation = :thumbsup:

Back