Ignition Switch?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JToolz

Ok my civic still doesnt start and I believe t may be the ignition switch relay. I turn the key and nothing happens at all, not a sound. No clicks, starter does not engage, nothing. My dash lights come on but once I turn to start it wont do anything at all. I can pop start the car though by running a wire from the terminal on the starter and touching it to the positive terminal on the battery. So basically bypassing everything to start the car. Could this be the ignition switch? I need to ask because that baby is 80 bucks. Thanks for any help.

same thing happened to me but what i did was i check my ignition fuse and it was blown i changed it and it started right up try that first

First off, check fuses under the dash and under the hood. Secondly, you can test the wires coming from the ignition switch with a multimeter. Ignition is a black wire with a yellow stripe. The starter signal is a black wire with a white stripe. The yellow wire is the heater and a/c accessory wire and white with black stripe is the other accessory wire.

i checked all fuses and they seem fine. How would I test the wires?

Back