1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ignition Switch?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by JToolz, Feb 13, 2004.

1. JToolz

JToolz Junior Member

Ok my civic still doesnt start and I believe t may be the ignition switch relay. I turn the key and nothing happens at all, not a sound. No clicks, starter does not engage, nothing. My dash lights come on but once I turn to start it wont do anything at all. I can pop start the car though by running a wire from the terminal on the starter and touching it to the positive terminal on the battery. So basically bypassing everything to start the car. Could this be the ignition switch? I need to ask because that baby is 80 bucks. Thanks for any help.

2. mrnice1058

mrnice1058 Senior Member

same thing happened to me but what i did was i check my ignition fuse and it was blown i changed it and it started right up try that first

3. toyz51

toyz51 Member

First off, check fuses under the dash and under the hood. Secondly, you can test the wires coming from the ignition switch with a multimeter. Ignition is a black wire with a yellow stripe. The starter signal is a black wire with a white stripe. The yellow wire is the heater and a/c accessory wire and white with black stripe is the other accessory wire.

4. JToolz

JToolz Junior Member

i checked all fuses and they seem fine. How would I test the wires?

5. toyz51

toyz51 Member

With a digital voltmeter.

6. JToolz

JToolz Junior Member

problem solved

7. toyz51

toyz51 Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted