1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ignition System questions

Discussion in 'Prelude' started by chaindtoarock, Sep 11, 2007.

1. chaindtoarock

chaindtoarock New Member

My '94 prelude with an H22A swap died on the freeway today. It started off normally but as I started up a steep grade it lost power and died. I tried to restart it and it was turning over nicely it just wouldn't fire. I had plenty of gas so I thought fuel pump/filter but when I loosened the line in the engine compartment I had fuel. Next I pulled a wire at the distributor cap and had a friend turn the key, no spark. So I think I need to replace my ignition system. I am thinking that I would replace everything with performance parts ( wires, distributor cap, plugs) to be sure because I need my car back a.s.a.p. and now is the perfect time to get some hp gains since I have to replace the parts anyway. I figure ignition wires are all the same but does anyone have any recommendations on performance replacement parts. I was thinking Mugen ignition coil, NGK plugs. Also any advice, including trusted vendors, would be greatly appreciated as I am not as up on this stuff as I would like to be.

2. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

If you're going all aftermarket, just get all MSD or something with NGK plugs(new distributor or rebuilt of course). I didn't even know Mugen had ignition coils; I bet it cost a lot though. an MSD coil cost like $39 at autozone, and about $50 for MSD cap and rotor at either SummitRacing or Jegs.

3. chaindtoarock

chaindtoarock New Member

Nor did I, and they may not, but my buddy assured me they did. I haven't looked into it yet. If the price outweighs the benefit I don't want to go Mugen just because it says Mugen.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted