ignition

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

whiterabbit

im boosting h22a1, what would be the best way to go as far as ignition?, what do you guys who have or know who have these boosted reccomend?,im looking at an msd blaster but i dont know if just that will do it?, plus my funds are limited, thanks

I would recommend the MSD 6a ignition and the modified distributor cap that allows you to run a external coil. The blaster ss coil works well for me.:)

yeah i was also looking at that, but i was wondering if i could get away with just the msd blaster coil and not change the ignition itself, and i got another question, about turbo timers...theres 2 that im looking at, the apexi autotimer, and the evotion turbo timer, just wondering which ones really the better one to go with, thanks more questions to come haha

I wouldnt worry about getting anything fancy for a turbo timer its sol purpose is to keep your car running for a period of time. I have the greddy full auto timer in my civic and it does a great job and only costs about $70 new on ebay.^_^

Also i dont really think upgrading just the coil is going to make a huge difference. The hotter spark you get from the msd box will help burn all of the fuel which is good when you have a boosted engine. You get more complete combustion and slightly better gas millage. You can probably find a msd box for sale reasonably off ebay also.

Back