Ignitor for an internal distributor from JDM H22a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdmclude

Ok, so the motor is in, the distributor is wired
up perfectly, all the vaccum hoses are in, ecu has
obd 2 to 1 converter on it, everything his hooked up
and when I go to start the motor, it will not fire up
for anything. It turns over, but it does not fire up.
The car is getting fuel, and after putting a spark plug
tester on the wire, there is no spark. We have come to
the conclusion that the ignitor in the internal coil
distributor has gone bad and needs to be replaced.
Any idea how much and where I could one that fits my
exact year h22a which is a 93 JDM motor.

Here is a better description:
Man I am at a total stand still trying to figure out why this motor won't fire up. I am running a JDM h22a with the original JDM internal coil distributor. The wire harness I used is from my F22B1 original motor with sensors and wires lengthened. The distriputor wiring was crossed refrenced and wired up to accomodate the difference in years. We know for a fact the distributor wiring is configured right. I am also using the JDM P13 ecu that came with the motor. Since my car was OBD2, i purchased a wiring harness that converts my OBD2 to an OBD. At this point, I am basically looking for some troubleshooting steps I could take to determine why the motor turns over, but I am not getting any fire to my plugs.

Advice thus far:
1. Could be the ignitor or internarl coil, may need to replace either or or both.
2. May have to convert JDM internal coil to US external coil from a 93-95 prelude.
3. Check the OBD2 to 1 Conversion harness and make sure pins/wires are in correct place.

Question:
How in the world does one hook this JDM distrutor up to work? Am I missing something?

Wasn't your CL originally an external coil? If so, did you jump the external coil plug?

Also, if you need to buy a new internal coil you can get one from a 90-93 Accord distributor (4th gens had both external and internal).

ok...if the car is an obd2 with an external coil....u are having the same exact problem that i had.....the yellow/black and the fat yellow wire on the engine plug need to run to the blue wire coming out of the dizzy...make sure u didnt do what i did and order a 97+ prelude dizzy cap for the car either...use one from a 94 integra..the ignitor will work too....or IM BurntPCB on aol IM and tell him bigjussin sent u...he will sell u one at a very fair price....if u have any more problems with it...doulbe check to see if you car has a CKP sensor..a 4 wire plug down by the crank pulley location, unless you have already wired it up.....i will take pics tomorrow if i can get to my car...and show what im talking about...i just finished my obd1 jdm h22a into a 97 prelude..it took some time to do, but it all works now, except for the speedo, but thats next on the list

Back