Ignitor...where can i get it???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lude68

Ive got an ignitor out of a 95 civic ex but it doesnt looks like it is going to work...ive been looking for a new one but cant find one anywhere...does anybody know where i might be able to get one? thanks!

EDIT: searched google and called dealer...($214 at dealer and can only find one for a obd0 teg)

holy crap! $214 for an igniter?! just try pep boys or autozone. they should be able to sell u one for alot cheaper. like under $100.

tried them...they said they dont care internal parts...i just fig. someone might be able to show me a link...

have you called Southerns or gone up there to see if they can help you out....going online really sucks for something like that...1-800-522-4787

hahaha....yea, im the man....thats cool....oh yea i need your lift this weekend and a few other things....

thats cool..thanks again peeps...looks like ill be doing a swap this weekend ;)

Have you tried the one you have, the heat sink changes but many can be used with only one screw. I have replaced soooo many aftermarket ignition components a few weeks after they were purchased. This is one place not to skimp. Food for thought.

Originally posted by sportlinecrx@Jan 15 2004, 03:11 PM
holy crap! $214 for an igniter?! just try pep boys or autozone. they should be able to sell u one for alot cheaper. like under $100.

Oh ya, my car sports a fully functional $214 ignigter - its sick!

...........not really.

Originally posted by lude68@Jan 15 2004, 03:52 PM
thats cool..thanks again peeps...looks like ill be doing a swap this weekend ;)

haha someone uses their brain..... :spin:

Originally posted by cws13@Jan 15 2004, 04:02 PM
Have you tried the one you have, the heat sink changes but many can be used with only one screw. I have replaced soooo many aftermarket ignition components a few weeks after they were purchased. This is one place not to skimp. Food for thought.

so youre saying try the other one 1st? ...but what if it fucks up another coil!

It's not fucking up you coil. It is not uncommon for the same things that cause the igniter to fail will cause the coil to fail ( if it is an internal coil). That's why when I worked for the dealer they replaced them together. If you still have your original coil, and if it was an internal coil, pry off the metal cover and inspect for hot spots. they will look like a toned down version of the blueing that happens to metal after it's heated ( think headers or metal that has been welded. ) this will be indicative of an electrical problem feeding back through the system and smoking your coils. Like I said before, I have seen Auto Zone parts take out 600.00 worth of ignition components because the guy wanted to save 100.00. If in doubt, go OEM.

the other ignitor is OEM..but is from a 95 civic EX...and the 2nd coil it put out was an MSD coil...cant just pry that apart...and yes...it IS fucking up my coilS (<--plural as in 2 or more)...all i was asking to begin w/ was where i could get one cheaper than the honda dealer..and my question has already been answered!

Originally posted by sportlinecrx+Jan 15 2004, 06:18 PM-->
Smonkeyboy
@Jan 15 2004, 05:57 PM
DONT DOUBLE POST

:ban:

where is the other post?

yea..wheres the other post...oh wait..i bet someone(not naming any names) deleted it b/c they were being an ass and i wasnt letting them talk to me like a dumbfuck...so shut the fuck up! god damn...some of the people around here...my question was answered so drop it!

Scuse the fuck out of me. I guess all of that training I got from Honda was for naught. Alas, I have seen the error of my ways. Rock on rice boy. AutoZone forever. See, the difference is I do this for a living and you are soliciting the advice that others pay 70.00 an hour for. I cannot see your car, I am only trying to help you with an EDUCATED guess. P.S. I saw the otherpost. Since you are so smart I do not know why you would consider an opinion from fools. Hey, I'll buy ya an APC decal if you can tell me how a motor works.

Back