illusive check engine light(still)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sherm180db

First off, thank-you to whom every gave me a link to the "V-Tec supplement" guide...very handy :)

I posted a question reguarding my 88crx w/ b16a a few months back, but so far no joy.

I am running way to rich(20mpg)-have a WB on the way to confirm. A :blink: t cold start(letting it set for an hour or so) it idles between 3k and 3.5k. Warm idle around 1500.
I have rechecked my wiring and vacuum according to the "V-Tec" guide, made a few corrections and still end up with the same issue. The ECU gives me a CRK/CYL/TDC check engine light when on the highway between 3.5 and 4k (4 blinks i think). When I repalced the ECU with a Skunk2 chipped ecu (PR3 also) and it would go into "limp dick mode" immediately! Ive also replaced the dizzy and have a MAP on the way. Also when i first got the car it would start as soon as you turn the key, after a month of having it or so it now needs to crank for a few revolutions before it'll start.
Does this sound familular to anyone??? Im frustrated and dont know what else to do...All advice will be taken...I have a stroker kit on the way as well as another 3 grand in parts sitting around but i really want to find its major malfuntion first...please...any ideas? Bad sensors? Warped crank? Anybody? Should I scrap it and go OBD1? :blink:
Thanks
shane

well I would say 99 percent its your wiring. Its hard to say without seeing the vehicle and looking at your hack job on your wiring.

If it were me double check your wirng. OBD 1 electronics have alot more out there going for it then a pre-obd vechicle as far as electronics. But I have always loved OBD 0 for the simplicity of it. :)

Back