Im a dumbass

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jdubspeeds

So I take my bike outta the garage today and put the ol kick stand down. Its in a bit of dirt right by the garage, ive parked it there before so no biggy. I walk away from the garage toward my shop and here a clunk... Turn around and my bike was laying on its side. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR the kick stand sunk in the dirt and it just fell over.. Damage : clutch lever, left middle fairing stratched as hell, left mirror scratched, left bar end scratched. Nothing broke so im pretty lucky, but if you have a bike you'd understand how nice it is to say youve got a bike thats never been down ... :( :( :( so pissed I wasnt more careful.

Cliffnotes

Parked bike in dirt
Bike fell over
Pissed

:angry:

How deep are the scratches? A light buffing compound and some wax can do wonders for scratches that do not penetrate the paint layer.

Cliff Notes:

Pissed
Buff, maybe wetsand then buff
wax
not as pissed, tired from buffing, sleep well.

man i feel your pain. sorry to hear it. i've never had a bike but the worst damage seems to be the accidently-self-inflicted type.

<tpp>primer it</tpp>

that sucks y0.

bikes still scare me, but god i want one, but im fighting myself. a bike will kill me. i know it will. i'll push it too hard just that one time... and kepp going harder and harder, until one day, its just beyond the limits of the bike and me, and I become a B pancake.

a B18 in a Sol will kill you too. Bikes are all a test of how responsible and intelligent the rider is. Riding a bike will change your driving in all vehicles. Unless you're an idiot, then it's just darwinism.

Yes, people die on bikes. Cars IGNORE you on bikes, and mostly seem to even COME AFTER YOU. It's like all cars want you to die. Cars will pull out in front of you, tailgate you, and pass you on the right. Riding a bike opens your mortality to the whims of the asshole motorist - 4 wheeled or more.

Yeah, sucks dumping a bike. At the eat-in last week, with Airjockie there, someone parked on an incline that even I thought was safe. Well, over it went. Brand new Honda VX on the ground.

-> Steve

hehehe. yea... that does suck... however...

when my hubby went to take his M1 license test, he was going around the circle (it was rainy out too) and it just kinda... fell over (going too slow)

however, he still passed. and only the mirror came off, but it still sucked ass.

damn yamahas. lol

We got most of the damage fixed. I already had my new mirrors i bought on ebay, so we buffed everything out and changed the mirrors. All that is left is my clutch lever is bent a bike (replace it) Decal on left fairing is scratched (replace it) and some touch up paint and it will be aight.... Gonna buy a new fairing at the end of this season so I know its perfect again, but for now it will look ok. At least it didnt drop on my new yoshimura exhaust. I woulda gone insane. Thanks for the posts guys, believe me I wont be parking on dirt ever again!

Back