I'm a NooB here!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Turbo&Auto

Nick Go FAST!!
Hey everyone!

I'm on a couple other boards, mostly for Toyota's though. I have a few cars and have been tuning them for a few years now.

I have a 98 Subaru RS converted to a WRX.
2003 Toyota Matrix XR-Turbo
92 Accord LX

I have a website for my cars, old and new, check it out. www.nicksturbomatrix.com
I'm in the process of updating it, it's very very plain now. I have it up just for the vids archive mostly.

My mods on the Accord so far are:
Progress Springs
Tokico shocks
EBAY Strut Braces
Ghetto SR Intake
Blau Casablanca CD Player
2 Ample 15" subs
Concept 1900wattx1 RMS amp
Ample 6.5" coax's all around
Sirius Radio!!!!

I'm looking to go faster, but who isn't :p Any tips for modding the F22?

I do a lot of custom painting for the guys on Matrixowners.com, if anyone's looking for their trim pieces painted PM me. I use car paints, base coat clear coat, and warranty my work.

first lose the image in your sig, not allowed here...

F22 has a couple options...

you could always look into the H22 swap, which most accord owners tend to lean towards...

or you can go turbo...
F22's are said to have stock sleeves, and then are pretty good motors to begin with, i have yet to see one blow up...

they say the first gen eclipse turbo manifold can be made to bolt up with slight modifications...
i would look into a custom turbo set up if you want to make some real power...

Ditched the image in my sig. Thanks.

Hey swanny, I'm in PA too. You on the east side or west?

I looked into the H22 swap, but I'm trying to keep it a low budget fun car. My Matrix and Impreza take up all the money. I was trying to make the Accord a lil bit faster, nothing too too crazy. Maybe a Cam and NOS. Any tips on the Cam? I've heard a lot of horror stories with Gude.

Edit: The 4g63 manifold will bolt up with just opening the exhaust stud holes right? I think I read that somewhere. If that's the case, I know a few Turbo Colt guys that have a dozen OEM manifolds laying around. Stock turbo's too. hmmmmmmm...................

welcome :)

gude sucks. nitrous is expensive (50 bucks to fill it.... all the time)
low-budget turbo setup has your name all over it.
but i'd personally leave it alone :p

Edit: The 4g63 manifold will bolt up with just opening the exhaust stud holes right? I think I read that somewhere. If that's the case, I know a few Turbo Colt guys that have a dozen OEM manifolds laying around. Stock turbo's too. hmmmmmmm...................

nitrous is not the answer for good daily driving fun...

and yes, your above quote is the rumor i have heard as well
never seen it myself, but would love it if you could confirm it...

If I can get those guys to give me a manifold to try, sure, I'll be the guinea pig and document it.

I actually have some extra Turbo parts from the Trix. Maybe I will boost the Accord, got me thinking, that's for sure!

"Oh Lord, bless this thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch..."

"..that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy.' And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies, and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats and large chu.."
"Skip a bit, Brother... "
"And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it. "
"Amen. "

had to.

Thanks all for the nice welcome. Glad I could give you a laugh with shortening the extremely long name for my car from Matrix to Trix. :laugh:

hmmm, why the turbo-n-AUTO?

i would assume your car is auto... and i have to ask why?

Yeah the Matrix is Auto. Levelten is building up a auto box for me now for this years drag racing season. The 14.6 I ran on a stock auto with just a tranny cooler.

Back