I'm a NooB here!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

but doesn't that kinda take the fun out of it?

thats like taking an electric golf cart to the strip...
when the light changes just stomp on the gas...

about as fun as dragging on PS2, just mash the button...

That's pretty much what all competitive drag racers do...

Can't argue with results?

oh, i agree that the results speak for themselves, but it takes the sport out of it, at least in my eyes...

i mean, now they have computers that lock the brakes on for you, rev your motor to optimum lauching rpm, and have sensors to auto react when the light turns green...

so why even have a driver?

and correct me if i'm wrong but i don't think turbo-n-auto is a pro driver and if he is then what class does a 14+ second run put you in?

i was really just asking if he had an auto by choice, or if circumstances dictated...

The auto wasn't what I originally wanted actually. BUT, my 1.8T dies on me and the dealer wasn't going to cover shit since I had a K04 and 75shot of NOS on it, LOL!

I needed a car right then for work transportation(100 miles a day), and they didn't have any XRS 6 speed's there. So, they cut me a great deal on this car and I planned on just driving it! Lil mods like stereo, lowered, rims, but then it got crazy! OH WELL, I love the car. I'm not trying to be the fastest kid out there, but there aren't that many fast Matrix's out there now, somebody's got to do it!

The auto wasn't what I originally wanted actually. BUT, my 1.8T dies on me and the dealer wasn't going to cover shit since I had a K04 and 75shot of NOS on it, LOL!

I needed a car right then for work transportation(100 miles a day), and they didn't have any XRS 6 speed's there. So, they cut me a great deal on this car and I planned on just driving it! Lil mods like stereo, lowered, rims, but then it got crazy! OH WELL, I love the car. I'm not trying to be the fastest kid out there, but there aren't that many fast Matrix's out there now, somebody's got to do it!

well, i have complete respect for that...

2 valid excuses would have been
1 - what you said, circumstances
2 - what battle pope said about having an auto for dragging...

non valid excuses would have been - i can't drive stick or anything along those lines...

and LMAO at the dealer not covering shit...

The Matrix motor blew once, pre-turbo, and the same dealer woldn't cover it. They said they knew me too well. Bastards!! All good though, I got a salvage motor for $1100 so fuck it.

I can drive stick though, lol, my Sube and the Accord are 5 speed. I think manual is great for a 4 banger that doesn't have a lot of power. BUT, once you get some power under the hood the tranny is not as big of a factor in racing. Not saying that auto is better or anything, I know how that can fuel a fire on boards :rofl:

only two pages ? Shame you weren't a chick.

gallery_28114_460_1095.jpg

(Credit to Ed Krull, a friend of mine who read Sweatinstinked's welcome thread)

Back