Im about to drop 1k on suspension.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

invisibledemon

Bored
VIP
i have a 91 si with a b16 swap and it handles like shat.
was trying to get a 350z but its not gonna happen any time soon so im getting my civic up to par bc im gonna have it for a good time.
so this is what im gonna get. this is budget so if you know of a cheaper one let me know:

Brembo slotted rotors front:......................140
Ingalls front camber kit..............................145
complete front kit (CA, balljoints,etc).........140
Blox rear lower control arms........................85
Blox rear camber kit.....................................93
skunk2 rear lower tie bar...........................105
hawk break pads front and rear..................90
rear disc conversion...................................100

i think thats about it.
im also gonna get a front lower tie bar once i find one.

Get Brembo blanks. cheaper and there's really no need for slotted rotors. If you're suspension setup is only going to drop the car 1 or 2 inches, you really won't need the camber kits either.

All that seems kinda pointless without upgrading your shocks and springs first. If I were you i'd drop that $1k on some coilovers. You can grab a set of Omnipowers for $800.

the stock suspension is completly screwed, 230k and everything is factory. all the bushinga are basically broken, and ball joints are gone.
the shocks are new and ive got a set of skunk2 coilovers on them. im gonna drop it about 2.5 to 3 inches, depending upon how much the body kit will allow.

Get Brembo blanks. cheaper and there's really no need for slotted rotors. If you're suspension setup is only going to drop the car 1 or 2 inches, you really won't need the camber kits either.
Go even cheaper, get valucraft rotors from autozone. $17.99 a rotor. I use these for road racing all the time. They're disposable at that price. I change my rotors now every time I change my pads. :)

ive already ordered the brembos, i want to try them, see if they handle my driving better.

ive already ordered the brembos, i want to try them, see if they handle my driving better.

Waste of money. I talked with several racers at the PIR meet last weekend, and several others online, and unless you're doing the top end (Almost w2w level), to a man they are using blank rotors from autozone.

I'm just now setting my car up for the track (95 del sol), and stage 1 is new autozone blank rotors, hawk HP+ pads and braided brake lines. Stage 2 is Drag DR17 wheels with dunlop DZ101 tires, and third is Koni yellows with GC coilovers.

Total cost for the above (Which everyone tells me will be good for street and set me up for the track for a long time) is going to be about $1500 and a little wrench time.

John

Back