1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm All Over The Road!!!! Help!!!

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by 92slowmobile, Jun 8, 2008.

1. 92slowmobile

92slowmobile Greatest Member

OK, so this is the problem. When i'm driving above 40 mph, it feels like my car is swerving all over the place. It's not terrible, but it's constant enough that i have to keep compensating back and forth. Any help would be much appreciated guys. Thanks

2. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

Un-balanced Tires
    Poor Alignment
    Worn suspension components leading to poor alignment

3. nootrac22

nootrac22 Well-Known Member VIP

:shrug:put the beer down and sober up before getting behind the wheel:shrug:. On a serious note could be what was already posted or my first thought was wheel bearings. Either way pull the front end apart and find out whats wrong or take it to someone and have them do it. Nothing like driving down the road and having a steering component fail on you.

4. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

take it to a place like firestone and have get an inspection done. there are too many variables to get an answer without driving the car.

5. awptickes

awptickes unimpressed by you VIP

Do what nick said.

It could also be overinflated tires. Stupid people overinflate their tires to try to get better fuel economy.

6. 92slowmobile

92slowmobile Greatest Member

Definitely not overinflated tires. I just got new tires all around. I'll prolly just have to take it in. I'm defintiely more engine savvy than suspension savvy

7. m90polk

m90polk Member

You could if you have time just take each wheel off individually and then take a dial indicator connect it to each wheel hub and turn the hub to see if a wheel bearing is bad. You should also check your tie-rod ends and ball joints for excessive play which can also be done with the dial indicator. Lastly check all your bushings front and rear, just a quick inspection to make sure they are there and the rubber didn't crumble away.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted