I'm an idiot

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
Ok, So I just finished puttin in my axles, thinkin everything is gonna be fine, and hoping the wheels will turn when I let off the clutch. So I start it up, starts perfect, rev it a bit, stick my head out the window to watch my victory and let go of the clutch...nothing happens. Now to me bieng an idiot part, i remember now that when I was manuevering the engine around I grabbed the slave cylinder/shift fork, i thought it may have popped off, I thought nothing of it and went along with moving it to wherever. So now I am gonna end up having to pull the fuckin thing out AGAIN, just cause of my stupidity unless you guys know another way to do it.

<edit>or maybe I put the clutch disc in backwards (would that affect it) Sorry for the stupid question<edit>

hahahah im sorry to hear that man.

My friend and I are putting in a new h22a (JDM) into his prelude, and we were putting the tranny back on, we were having the hardest time putting that thing on, so he says;"this shit is in the way, SMACK!!" he knocks the shift fork out and i can hear fork drop, and the throw-out fly across the garage.... i about kicked his ass... because i know it will be up too me to put that thing back in! haha...

So I feel your pain... there is no other way of fixing the shift fork, but the throw-out bearing in your case, since the tranny was on when you did that, it should stay in place. But re-check your fork/throw-out/clutch/flywheel/pressure plate/ and pilot bearning... all for re-assurance.

Hope that helps.

-Jason

LoL ...i feel ur pain all to well my friend. When i did my clutch job on my b16 i pulled the tranny 4 fawking times by myself cuz i thought i did it wrong and had to check it twice ...wrong axle...(new from the autoparts store). Then to turn the flywheel on the forth time. Im really fast now tho!!!I kno where every single bolt comes from, where and where they go. You doing it at home? I did a clutch job on a h23 and man that was a bitch from hell too. Talk about not wanting to go back in to the engine bay.....that h23 was my first and might have been the last. As far as you not having to pull the tranny again...sorry ..but your goin to have too..the best way i can say about putting it back on wen u tear it apart to fix it ..slide it under the car on the casing side down. just so that the bell housing clears the bottom end of the engine bay by a few inches..slide a jack under the car and flip the tranny onto it and it should be purdy parallel with the engine. Jack it up and snug it as u go up on the jack. Trust me this works very well cuz i did it 3 times like that by myself and that was the best way i did it..took me about 10 mins or less each time. The shift fork wont hit anything if u do it rite and line it up rite .

I bet if I didn't have to work this car wouldn't be takin a month and I could have taken more time to actually do it right "the first time". I guess I can still consider it a good learning experience. I dont think I'm gonna pull it until I get the shift linkage so I actually know what gear it's in. Then I'm gonna recheck my axles.

Back