I'm B, and I'm addicted to cars :(

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
I think I need to go to rehab.

I bought the 240 for a beater while the sol was down.

now, i have 3 pairs of wheels for it with brand new tires on it, suspension worth twice as much as I paid for the car, and visions of rb25's are dnacing through my head.... followed by roll cages and bigger turbos

WTF.

this is supposed to be my daily driver?

and the other day, I drove by a pimp S4... turned around, stopped, looked at it, $20k, euro front end or something, 19's, tuicked, pimp as fuck... "mmmm that would be a good daily driver"

:bash:

no it won't. bi-turbo, awd, S4, and I'm going to leave it stock. SURE you are Brian.

So, yes, I'm B, and I'm addicted to cars, and thus, will never move out of my parents basement :(

Well, color me addicted, too. We're all in it together, B. Cherish it, bro, because unlike alcoholism and herion addiction, there is no recovering from cars.

yeah there are worse things to be addicted to.......like drugs and alcohol.........but i suppose there are much better things to be addicted to...like pussy :ph34r: just playing homie, if you're in the club then i certainly am too

b, if you swap the 240, your going to stop halfway and buy another car, then your going to want swap that, by the time your forty, your going to have 30 halfswaped cars and your still going to be living with your dad who has a funky nose, and a mom that yells at you because you always have your computer on :p

I just keep lining up the project cars. In the driveway:

1981 Celica awaiting carb and suspension upgrades. Possible transmission swap
1994 Jeep Cherokee awaiting new rear diff
1987 CRX Si awaiting fabrication and DOHC swap
1973 Firebird Formula awaiting .. well.. Everything.
1987 4Runner awaiting motor swap and suspension

-> Steve

Ya I'm now getting bad
91 civic hb almost ready for show
90 civic hb (was parts car) now rally civic awaiting a roll cage and for me to drop the Zc
82 samari waiting for the 4:1 tcase to get here
And my daily a 93 intrepid
and if all goes right a 56-57 chev Belair

Originally posted by asmallsol@Mar 15 2004, 01:12 AM
b, if you swap the 240, your going to stop halfway and buy another car, then your going to want swap that, by the time your forty, your going to have 30 halfswaped cars and your still going to be living with your dad who has a funky nose, and a mom that yells at you because you always have your computer on :p

naw, see, i won't be able to start it until the sol is running, cuz thats my only work area.

frankly, i think thats it for swaps at my house. lol my parents are fed up with my car addiction.

now that i have some job security, i'm looking to move out sometime this summer hopefully.

4k saved, 16 more to go for a nice dp on a house :(

Hi my name is tonyd and i got visions of a m5 dancing in my head if my online business takes off as well.

my problem is is that i get sick and tired of a car after 6-12 months of owning it.....

always looking for something new.

do they make m5's in the new body style? i never seen one on the streets yet....just the usual 545's

no, no new m5's.

m5 = t3h bus. its huge. :) its a pimp daily, but the m3 owns it in every aspect of performance driving.

So, yes, I'm B, and I'm addicted to cars, and thus, will never move out of my parents basement

Sure you will, hell I did it...I'm just as infatuated with cars as you are, only the ones I want bad are the ones I can't afford to buy or to own. (C5 corvettes, Camaro Z28/SS, Mustang GTs, etc.)

Dude, just suck it up and move the fuck out...you know you'll be 10000% happier after you do...I know I am.

yea i hear ya. i've done the same thing. "i just need a beater / daily driver so i can keep my good car nice" soon that beater was faster than my nice car .. i couldn't help it.... it was too slow. :lol:

this hobby is worth the money to me. it's about the only thing i take seriously and have a passion for anymore. now that autox season is coming up, i'm full of energy and in a great mood all the time. i like going to school and working now, just because of my damn addiction is more satisfying.

i moved out on my own a few years ago, but i'm moving back in with mom to finish this car and tackle the k24/k20a into a well prepared, gutted crx for some wheel to wheel action in a year or two. B)

living on your own is VERY expensive, and if you're renting, it's just flushing your $$ down the crapper. i could have had a decent house halfway paid off, if i would have saved instead of renting for 3 years. now if i never got into cars and never rented.. :blink:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 15 2004, 02:42 AM
no, no new m5's.

m5 = t3h bus. its huge. :) its a pimp daily, but the m3 owns it in every aspect of performance driving.

even the 1/4 mile?

whats the average price diff. between a new or 1 year old m3 and say a new or 1 year old 5xx series bmw?

tony you're cok blocking this thread. lol bmw-forums.com is the place for those types of questions :)

as for the renting thing, if i move out, im done having cash for cars, and then i'll end up like everyone else on here saying, damn, i wish i had cash like <insert member name here> so i could have <insert xyz part here>

i could have had a house this year.... but, do i really NEED a house? no. Honeslty, all i want, is a 3-bay garage, maybe double deep, and a room in a corner of it for my ass to lay down :) maybe even a garage with an upstairs storage area/room, so i could "finish" that area for my house. run some plumbing, and an internet line, and i'd be set.

of course, i'd never get laid in a place like that

but how would that change anything?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 15 2004, 03:42 AM
tony you're cok blocking this thread. lol bmw-forums.com is the place for those types of questions :)

as for the renting thing, if i move out, im done having cash for cars, and then i'll end up like everyone else on here saying, damn, i wish i had cash like <insert member name here> so i could have <insert xyz part here>

i could have had a house this year.... but, do i really NEED a house? no. Honeslty, all i want, is a 3-bay garage, maybe double deep, and a room in a corner of it for my ass to lay down :) maybe even a garage with an upstairs storage area/room, so i could "finish" that area for my house. run some plumbing, and an internet line, and i'd be set.

of course, i'd never get laid in a place like that

but how would that change anything?

<<hangs head and shuffles his feet>>

just was curious....didnt think it was a worthy question of a new thread...... :D

I dunno man...

Brian O'Conner got laid in the back room at the speed shop by a hottie... I'd bet you could too. Just come into a sammich shop she works at and ask for the tune... no crust for a week straight. ;)

Oh, and I'm a car whore, too. I own 3, drive 1 on a regular basis, and I have one car I've had for 2 year that I've driven less than 50 miles total. Dear lord.

Back