I'M BACK haha with a question about back-up lights

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93civicracer

Oh, I do a little here and there.
Some of you probably know I had some problems with replacing the head gasket on my D15B Vtec. Well I finished up a few weeks ago putting the head back on and getting everything put back together with new OEM valve cover bolts and ARP headstuds so it starts up and runs great now. Turns out the catalytic converter was also going out and putting resistence against exhaust flow, so I've been running it with an open exhaust which was a stupid ass idea because it turned me into a cop magnet and I got pulled over and have to pay a $120 ticket for my inspection which went out in Feb. of '07 because I got pulled over when my taillights went out.

So I finally got time to post. Fixed the taillights it was just a fuse.

But the back-up lights are not working. I replaced both bulbs, checked the fuse and it was fine. Does anyone know where the wires are for the back up lights? Do they come off the tranny like the yellow and Green/black wires on the 90's models?

im pretty sure they come off the tranny,,and
WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN?!?!?:D
welcome back,stay awhile

Thanks, just been hella busy working and tryin like hell to get this thing ready for an inspection.

another d15b'er, yay!
dont know the answer to your original question though, sorry

There should be what looks like a plug with two wires coming out of it mounted around the 'tail' of the trans.
Usually has about 3" of wire (a soft rubber coated metal 'tab'?? that holds it close to the case to aid in if something were to catch it and pull on the wires, they wouldn't tear out of the sensor) and one female/one male weather connectors on the ends.

Now, if the trans had been 'worked on' the little ball or spring may not have been re-installed. Test by using a multi-meter by connecting the prongs to the wires and have a 'friend' put in R and then take out.. See if it shows continuity. One should be 'switched' hot and the little ball just closes the circuit showing ground to the other wire, thus making the lights glow..
If you are in a Northern state where corrosion is plentiful, the light sockets and wires could be bad.

Just my .02

E

P.S. I had to show "the state" that my car wasn't operable by filling out an form swearing that the car had been in fact dead, otherwise they wanted to charge me past taxes for the license plates that I didn't use.
Maybe if your state has such a thing that you could plead with the Judge the problems you've had getting this car running... Ya never know..?

Back