I'm back!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ayut, trip was fine. No problems at all. I got in yesterday (Thursday) at 11:30 AM local time (2:30 Eastern Time). The car only ran hot twice going up hills in Utah, but the gauge only moved a needles width. I was able to do 75 MPH the whole way out with some squirts to 85. Cruising at 75, I was still pulling about 5 inches of mercury, surprisingly enough. I thought I'd be in boost the whole time. I hate Iowa and Nebraska. With a passion. I figured out how they could solve the prison population problem- put up a big ass fence around those two states and put all the prisoners there. Kinda like what England did with Australia. Goddamn, I swear I'd rather be in prison than living in Iowa or Nebraska. Ugh.

Highlights of the trip-

Guy in the McDonalds window: What's that? (referring to my plywood wedge)
Me: It gives me better milage.
Guy: No, that's impossible. It adds weight, so you lose milage. (hands me my food)
Me: Sir, I deem you a retard. You may go back to your trailer now. Thank you. (drives away)

On a really twisty two lane that would put 17 to shame, an 18 wheeler took a corner a bit too spicey and the trailer decided to remove itself from the tractor. There were parts of the trailer and guardrail all over the road. I had missed it by about 30 seconds; as I pulled up, the dust was still in the air. There was a couple in an RV that were behind him and they were on the side of the road. I asked if everyone was OK and the lady said, "Yeah, he's OK; he just lost his trailer." I couldn't help it: (pointing to the wreckage and the guy walking up out of the ravine) "Well, I think he just found it."

As for the road, check out on a GOOD map, Rt. 20 between Burns and Ontario Oregon. I seriously thought about leaving my trailer at the west end and going back through it. It was about 30 miles of TWISTY canyon road. Goddamn.

Now as for the statistics of the trip...
I used 162.55 gallons of gas. Figuring an average of $1.99, that comes out to $323.48. I drove 2,927 miles at a cost of 11 cents a mile and averaged 17.2 MPG (driving around VT sees 22- 24 MPG). My longest day was Tuesday. I left eastern Indiana and go all the way to Sidney, Nebraska in 14 hours and 1,003 miles.

Other than stopping for gas, bathroom, food, and water (which I did whenever I needed gas), and to sleep, I drove straight through. I saw a ton of cool sights, and I'd do it again if I needed to. If you ever have the oppertunity to drive out here, do so. It's worth it. Just make Kimberly drive through Iowa and Nebraska so you can sleep through 'em.

I'll be taking pictures in the coming weeks and I'll have 'em online for all to share. :)

I won't be online much for a while. I'm at my cousins place and he's got 56ghey. Once I get my own place, Casa del Boost, I'll be online more to lay down the moderation on your punk ass.

I have a picture of the wedge, but my my computer is still packed, so it'll be a while to upload the pics. Gimmie about two weeks. Ayut.

There goes the neighborhood...
Glad you made it safe. Nobody has really owned me since you left. Except for steve. That's how I got my new Avatar. It's fuckin' sweet!

welcome back y0!
glad the trip went well

rt. 20 eh?? how would you compare it to rt. 17?? i might have to come visit you out there

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Sep 5 2003, 01:28 PM
5 inches of mercury

man only 2.4 PSI, so I'm assume there was no need for more power while crusing.

the wedge.... how to explain it.

ok- take your average Uhaul trailier... well- its kinda like a flat front end.
So, Ji's dad gets out wood and builds a wedge to go on the front... kinda like a fairing to split the wind left and back.

pic's own

s3f5904c7b71cb.jpg

anyway, it looks something like that.

Ji- glad you made it safe y0!

lol

paint owns, esp when you have photoshop, fireworks, and all other kinds of expensive shit you just don't feel like openeing

Welcome to Oregon, Please leave :lol:

19 more days and I'll be home..

welcome back Loco :) glad to see you made it to your destination alright. you said you were on the eastern part of Indiana? where at?

glad you made it ok.

one question... if your computer is still packed, then how are you posting??

Back