1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'M BACK!

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by YangpaNemsay, Jan 6, 2004.

1. YangpaNemsay

YangpaNemsay Senior Member

Hey Everyone! Great to be back after about a year's hiatus doing research on Nissans. I'm coming to you guys for some help and information (knowing you are the Honda masters of the internet community). My friend Eric has a Honda Civic 2000 Honda Civic LX and he has a good sum of cash [from his "rich" parents], enough so that he was going to have a tuner shop do an H22A1 swap into his Civic. I stopped him before he was about to get ripped off and told him about my mechanic friends that have had over 30 years experience in the automotive field and can do swaps for substantially less money.

I have used the search function to gather as much information for the full swap for an H22A to be transplanted into an EK Civic, and I have a list that is the following:

Swap
    H22A1 Engine (94-96)
    Integra GSR Tranny (I hear that this can actually mate up with the engine... please correct me if i'm wrong)
    Prelude ECU (P72.... I think)
    ECU Adaptor (OBD2 -> OBD1)
    Prelude Shifter Cables
    H22A Wiring Harness
    D16 Wiring Harness
    HASPORT Mount Kit
    SlimLine Electric Fan
    O2 Sensor
    Modified Hasport Rear Transmission Bracket
    Injector Resistor Box
    Prelude Throttle Cable
    High Performance Oil Filter
    Cold Air Intake
    Raxle Axle Kit (designed specifically for the swap)

My friend Eric also has the cash to go custom turbo with the H22A1 once he has it swapped in. I have the following list (from a few years of being on this site):

Turbo Parts Needed
    Turbocharger (He says he wants to run monster boost, but I think he'll be happy with horsepower to peak at around 300hp)
    Turbo Manifold (Cast Iron, Steel)
    Front Mount Tube and Fin-Type Intercooler [and complete Intercooler Piping]
    External Wastegate Actuator
    [HKS Super Sequential] Blow-Off Valve
    Downpipe
    Exhaust System (2.5-inch Piping and 3-inch Tip)
    Turbo Pressure Gauge
    Apex’i Super AFC
    GReddy Profec-B
    Hondata ECU Programming
    Upgraded Injectors (what would be a good cc # to run?]
    Upgraded Spark Plugs (for turbocharged applications... Denso Iridium?)
    Upgraded Fuel Pump and Fuel Rail

Bottom End
    Arias Pistons 08.1:1
    Crower CNC Titanium Retainers
    Skunk2 Racing Valve Springs
    Skunk2 Standard Compression Valves
    Crower 4340 Steel Billet Connecting Rods
    Crower Stage II Camshafts
    Golden Eagle Block Sleeve Service

Any Help with this will be very appreciated, and if his car ever get's in a Mag, i'll have him put in a good word for the peeps at hondaswap.com ^_^.

CLIFF NOTES:
    1. Friend
    2. Swap
    3. H22A1 in EK
    4. Help!

2. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

um....

i dont think you can put a b-series tranny on an h-series motor.

3. jinstuh

jinstuh Member

hiatus research on nissan? wtf are you talking dude, i have a 240sx and it burns hondas no prob. i mean i likes hondas too but damn you gotta fully build these hoes to just keep in good conditions and besides that it still has a chance of blowin up on you all the damn time and anyways, your list is stupid. you should know a b series tranny wont fit on a h series car. why the fuck would you wanna do that anywaays? just use the tranny that the motor comes with jeez.

[dont hate, just speakin my mind]

4. jinstuh

jinstuh Member

oh and you need a v-afc cause h22a is vtec

5. jinstuh

jinstuh Member

oh and the turbo thing. it all depends on what he wants.. drag, street or cruse. how much horsepower is he looking for. if he wants 300-500 just get a t3/t4 its common and parts are hella easy to find. cruse just t25 or t28 but if you wanna go CRAZY get one of those big ass hks ball bearing turbos...dayuuuuummm, its so sexy. and the injectors depend on what turbo you get bigger the turbo the more fuel you need. that also means the more gas you gonna have to be pumping...

buts hit if your friend has the money, get all the best shit. 1000cc or something, be crazy! run 9s daily driven hahahah i would give you mad props and it would be funny

6. lude68

lude68 Senior Member

Way too low on the comp. my friend! This better be a damn race machine pushing mad hp/tq that will never see the streets....why in the hell do you want the comp so low?

7. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

he'd want lower compression because you don't really want to push as much boost as he's talking about on high compression UNLESS you severely build up your bottom end.

and since he didn't list shit like sleeves, rods, wrist pins, etc., im guessing he doesnt plan on bulletproofing his bottom end.

which would mean he'd have to either:

a. have low boost, or

b. lower his compression so he can push more boost.

8. EGVortechGSR

EGVortechGSR Member

It looks like someone needs to get there goals narrowed down. This kids going to be buying all sorts of pointless shit if the engine isn't built on paper first. Get an idea of how fast he wants to go, figure what it is going to take to achive that. Then find some numbers for you injector CC's. Also for spark plugs its not the type of plug, its the heat range, this setup will need a colder plug for sure.

9. YangpaNemsay

Thanks Peeps, lots of good information ^_^. My friend is making it a show car and only driving it around to the car shows. He's more of a drag race person as opposed to an autocross type person. What on the list is notable to take off? Anything more i would need to get the initial swap to work? He will be happy with the Prelude swap, then when he gets the cash, he'll want it turbocharged.

10. jinstuh

jinstuh Member

man if he wants to be bad ass...i forgot about this

buy a h23 block and mate it with the jdm type s prelude head! and fully build it and boost it! god like power mmmMm....h23a vtec

11. H22AdelSol

H22AdelSol Senior Member

:ph34r: whoever is tellin you this shit, do yourself a favor and dont let them get within 20.14 feet of your car or engine. sounds like they want to try and do some custom fab.

12. jastunna1987

jastunna1987 Member

lol, since your friend has rich parents...ask if they could buy me a complete b16 SIRII

13. YangpaNemsay

Are there any other parts I need to complete the swap?

14. H22AdelSol

H22AdelSol Senior Member

someone who you KNOWS exactly what they are doing. Not the type of guy whos never done a nsx swap into a civic and claims that they can do it... with the parts list you show up there whoevers doing it has to know everything about building engines and have much expeirence.

15. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

shit, if you got unlimited cashflow, jus take it to a shop and tell them what you want done.

if i had the $$$, i woulda taken mine to a shop the first damn day.

16. YangpaNemsay

I live in San Diego and my dad has a bunch of mechanic buddies who've been in that have 30+ years of exeperience. The guy i'm going to for this, Mr. Lew, has the automotive knowledge to build a car from the frame up. All I need is a complete parts list, a chassis, and tell him to put everything *points at ground with all parts* in there *point at car* and give him the cash, and it will be done. All I really need is a complete parts list, I can search for the actual parts myself once i have a list of what to look for. Right now, a full parts list for a H22A1 Swap into a 2000 Civic LX is my goal for now. Turbo will come into play in about 4-6 months.

17. YangpaNemsay

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted