I'm back

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YangpaNemsay

PFC Anthony Hom
1st Recruit Training Battalion, Charlie Company, Lead Series, Platoon 1051

10 Days Leave

Reporting into Camp Pendleton on the 12th of April for the Marine Combat Training Battalion.

congrats. do you feel wierd now that you are out? i was all nervous that a DI was gonna come out of nowhere when i first got out. :p

It does kinda feel weird, that there is no drill instructor there to yell in your ear and to tell you to move faster.

Not really brainwashed, but I know to do what is right and do my job to best of my ability. I'm changed in the way that I am a better person ^_^. Boot Camp was Hard, Fun, depressing, hatefull and heinous, and it was an experience of a lifetime.

I go to MCT for a month (on the 12th) then I go to MOS School as a Motor Transportation Mechanic (Humvees) for 3 months and then I either get stationed or deployed to Iraq.

Sounds ~bad but if my job is to kill insurgents and terrorists, I will not hesistate to whip it on!!!

Hey good luck....keep the basics that they teach you forever. I got out 7 months ago. Did my 4, spent 4 months in Iraq, and i split. But i use the work ethics instilled from there in my job now and i have made it farther in 6 months than most the guys do in 2 years. Dont let that slip away and enjoy your time out there. Is you mos school at camp johnson?

3-months on humvees should give you a boat load of experience.
get out of there, go to a tech school to train for your ase's and then work at a ritzy dealership :) 70k easy

wow my best friend just got back from the island too. i forget his battalion but he leaves for mct on tuesday in nc. hes a little different, but like you said its a change for the better. hes super respectful is everyone now and hes well dressed all the time.

Camp Johnson? You in supply? Thats where i will be this summer for supply school.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 2 2005, 06:46 PM
3-months on humvees should give you a boat load of experience.
get out of there, go to a tech school to train for your ase's and then work at a ritzy dealership :) 70k easy
[post=481694]Quoted post[/post]​

Actually he could go back to Iraq, or any other deployed area, and make close to 100,000 a year. Or work as a DoD civilian as a mechanic making a little less.

Originally posted by allbottledup@Apr 3 2005, 03:30 AM
i forgot about fort lost-in-the-wood MIS
[post=481903]Quoted post[/post]​

That's where I went to basic :D

I went to Basic at FT Benning, I get to go back there this summer for Airborne. Congrats on makin it through. if you can get through boot, the military is stupid easy. I just got out of Iraq 2 months ago. I wish you the best of luck with your career.

congrats man, and as ascout91 said; get through all the training and active life is easy, e1 or e2 just chillin kickin it with staff seargents and shit. i just got out of all my training 2 months ago, and coming to active duty was a shock. good luck on ur career bro

yeah trust me...i got out an e-4 when i hit that spot life was chilling. But Im still glad I got out...I make alot more money now then when I was in..plus being born in raised up here in NY/NJ area the south was killing me.

Originally posted by allbottledup@Apr 3 2005, 12:08 PM
plus being born in raised up here in NY/NJ area the south was killing me.
[post=482050]Quoted post[/post]​

werd..i hate being down here in oklahoma. fucking south

Back