I'm beginning to hate knowing what car smells mean

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SlushboxTeggy

It's only stupid if it doesn't work
VIP
On my way back to school, I got a wiff of rotten eggs, super. I'm hoping some fuel injector cleaner will set everything straight but I doubt it's that simple.

I know it can be fuel injection related or the cat, but it's not a constant smell. I smell it for maybe a minute then it fades. Does that mean anything? Or does it not matter if it's constant? Also it doesn't seem to be accelleration/driving like an ass related. Just looking for opinions of people with more experience then myself.

Do you notice the smell while you're accelerating up a hill? When you're under load it could be getting HOT from being clogged a bit and stinking up then. I bought a bolt-in High flow cat for the Neon, it was less then 100 with shipping.

Original converter, just rolled over 109k.

It may need to be changed. You drive the car hard?

Check the magnaflow website if they have a boltin High flow for your car. I can get you a good deal on it if you cant find it cheap. I know someone who can get me Magnaflow stuff pretty cheap :)

i have a 3incher from a vette on mine...bought it, had it installed with flanges for easy removal all for 75 bucks!! find a used one. if you are driving an accord or lude i have my old one off of my f22. hell it could be made to fit on anything.

lmk ill let it go real cheap

true that, any exhaust shop that can't fit cat "x" to your car is worthless.

Back