I'm buyin a Porsche

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I am mechanicly inclined, if I don't know something I'll ask and find out. I did check up prices on parts, theyre not too bad, distributor cap and rotor ($59), ignigtion wires DAMN ($98), axle shaft (New[$229]RMF [$180])theres gotta be some cheaper places though, i only looked at 2 places but I guess that's the cost of owning a porcshe. I mean I can afford $1000 every 5-6 months, I guess it's alittle pricey but I think it'll be worth it.

I feel ya man, I just cant afford a turbo model at the moment, I only got $3500

a 944 is useless without a turbo.

my buddy has one. i walked him with my 3.1v6 cavalier.

A 944 is one bad ass ride. I used to own a 944 S2 ... 3.0L 4 bannger!!! Try checking one of those out. They're a bit pricey, but well worth the money. I think they have one on supercars.net ...

my buddy has a 924, same thing, smaller engine.

Ebay is your friend. I couldn't believe how many Porsche's were being parted out on there. Probably the same guys that don't think they can afford parts......

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Dec 30 2003, 06:17 PM

sounds like you need to buy another civic and drive that while you save up

Originally posted by jeffie7+Dec 31 2003, 02:23 AM-->
92civicb18b1
@Dec 30 2003, 06:17 PM

sounds like you need to buy another civic and drive that while you save up

:withstupid:

biggest mistake people make is buying a car they can not afford to own

just because you have enough money to BUY the car does not mean you have enough money to OWN the car

i have first hand knowlege of what Porsche parts cost :blink:
and lets not even talk about labor

take your $3500 and go buy a civic

yea, even evo's cost a ton for maintenance...

i think you gotta shell out 600 bucks or so for the brake pads.

just a side note on the 944... there is (OR WAS) a kit available to drop a small block 350 into the little 944...

was looking into it during the brief ownership i had...

I actually decided not to buy the one I was looking at, there's another one I saw the other day that needs some bodywork, I drove it and it seemed to be running pretty well. I'm finished with civics, I'm gonna see if I can find a 240 or a 944 now.

I know, I know here I go again.
I found yet another 87 944 that needs minor body work and a nice paint job, the engine was serviced 5000 miles ago by a Porsche dealer as well as the clutch. The interior is flawless besides a small tear in one of the leather seats.

The major work that would need to be done on this car is the exterior where the passenger side headlight is missing, and the corner lights need to be reattached, some small dents in the rear quater panel that I could easily fix. The catch is..it's only $1500, maybe the guy has an inkling that the exterior is going to turn people away or there is something else wrong. If I did go ahead and buy this I would have another $2000 to spend on whatever the car may need.

What do ya'll think about this one. BTW I was looking for 240's they're just too expensive..the ones I've been looking at anyway and have high mileage.

I would still stay away from Porsche even if its only 1500

BTW a year or two ago I was at the track and raced a 944 Im not sure if it was turbo or not anyways the tree droped I nailed it and made it to the end first.. then slowed down... still no porsche.. hmmm I most have kicked his ass.......

on the return back to the staging lanes I saw the guy pushing his car off the starting line =)

oops something blew lol

Originally posted by jeffie7@Jan 3 2004, 01:19 PM
I would still stay away from Porsche even if its only 1500

:werd:

the cost of parts and shit will fuckin kill you

if you like the 240 so much get one of those instead .... who gives a shit about miles ... youll be swapping out the KA for an SR20 any way... so justfind one in good shape and get it... then start saving up for your swap and shit

Back