Im confused... need opinion

Which would be the best puppy to get

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TeinGirl

ok so... Ive been contemplating this since I moved in my new house back in Aug/Sept...

I want to get a puppy but I wasnt too sure what I wanted...
Ive been looking and researching a lot lately and it came down to 3 choices but Im still open to suggestions so feel free!

1) Vizsla
2) Weimaraner
3) Douge de Bordeaux

Attachments

• vizsla pup.jpg
    vizsla pup.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 421
  • grown vizsla.jpg
    grown vizsla.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 132
  • Blue weim pup.jpg
    Blue weim pup.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 145
  • grown blue weim.jpg
    grown blue weim.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 127
  • bordeaux_pup.jpg
    bordeaux_pup.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 186
  • grown bordeaux.jpg
    grown bordeaux.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 128
big dogs make big shits. all three of those are too big for my taste.

I think a responsible pet owner uses car forums to make the choice of what dog to get.

Here is my vote:
petrock.jpg

dude i used to work at a dog kennel and wiemeraners are insane. I like vislas personally but i guess there a little hyper.

haha you could be like my dad I asked him and he said, "why don't you get something like a chihuahua." I was like WTF!!! You just have to see my dad (ask James) hes 6'7'', not something to expect coming out of his mouth

but then again he did buy his girlfriend a maltese after he broke up with her because she wanted to get married and have kids and he bounced on her ass lol

Yellow, Chocolate, and Black Labs FTW....best dog around...

Also Golden and Irish Retrievers are awesome...our next dog will be a golden when Ga-chan passes.

Weimaraners are awesome... a my friends brother has one ... he had one a while back and someone stole it out of the back yard.. its eyes stayed blue too.. :mad: .. beautiful dogs..

Price wise the Weim is going to be the cheaper of the 3 but thats not going to be the thing that chooses which I get...

I also want something that not everyone and their mom has... dont get me wrong labs are cool though
my dads hunting buddy had one while my dad had a german shorthair pointer and an english pointer (they are all smart dogs)

I read that the Vizsla is fairly easy to train as well

Price wise...we paid $80 for the best dog in the world...$1 for a donation to the Halifax Humane Soc., and $79 for the spaid and nutering...

If you spend over $100 for anydog...then I hate you. Because your just leading that owner..or breeder to say hay, this person will pay money for one of these puppies...and the next batch I'll ask for $110...then the price will hit $750+...and then the puppy farmers era has begun....

ever research a puppy farm...?

with the millions of dogs in no-kill humane societies...and then a person who wants a damn cute puppy will go to a breeder that has ties to a puppy farm...then thats a sick and in-humane person....

plus puppies from puppy farms have no heart....since they were bought and not saved from the streets....just raised to be cute...and they normally end up in the pound when they lose their cuteness. What a waste of money and a life....:(

welp..what do I know...I do know that my dog is bi-lingual, obident as hell, and loves us and has stayed the same way as when we got her...still a loving puppy thats never changed except with the common heriditary problems labs have.

My wife is a Peta person...sorry for sounding like an asshole...but save a dog before you buy one...then you'll learn a few morals and ethics....and gain respect from a lot of people.

but granted...there are honest breeders out there...but if they charge anything more than a $100 for a puppy...then look at them and ask yourself.....why is this puppy worth more than another puppy thats sitting in a cage? I have not met a breeder that has kept their own puppies to further their breed, unless they are the high quality show dogs...and those are even lame...IMHO.

You have a pimp car to be cool...a pimp pet will not make you cool. Your getting a pet to care for...not to show off. Money can buy anything....except brains and a heart.

Vizslas:

Vizsla Information, Vizslas

Temperment: Loving, demonstrative and gentle, the Vizsla is somewhat willful and distractible, but smart and trainable. This breed needs a patient, firm hand. They are reliable with children, loving all the play they can get. Maybe to too energetic and excitable for very young toddlers, excellent for energetic kids. Able to adapt quickly to family life, and are generally good with other dogs. Energetic and athletic, the Vizsla must receive sufficient exercise or they may become destructive or neurotic. Socialize this dog well and get him accustomed to noises at an early age. It is very important to obedience train your Vizsla. They can get overly eager, prancing around you in sheer excitement. This breed is highly trainable and very willing to please; if you can get it to understand exactly what it is you want of them. If you do not train this breed they may become difficult to handle and control. Example: (see video in link) Look for breed lines that are not high-strung or shy. Vizsla are known as chewers. This breed is not for everyone. If you want a calm dog do not choose a Vizsla. They have many talents such as: tracking, retrieving, pointing, watchdog and competitive obedience. The Vizsla is a hunting dog and may be good with cats they are raised with, but should not be trusted with animals such as hamsters, rabbits and guinea pigs etc...

Weimaraner:

Weimaraner Club of America

DDB:

Breed: MASTIFF... enough said. LOL

Get a Vizsla!

How about a Boxer Pit Mix...w00t w00t! This is my pup :) I've always wanted a pure bred boxer, but when I saw this lil guy at 8 months...I had to have him...
l_d65a8be9893aa32e1a57cdb263b92f04.jpg

Back