Im confused... need opinion

Which would be the best puppy to get

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

How about a Boxer Pit Mix...w00t w00t! This is my pup :) I've always wanted a pure bred boxer, but when I saw this lil guy at 8 months...I had to have him...
l_d65a8be9893aa32e1a57cdb263b92f04.jpg

Boxer was on my list when I first started looking

cute puppy looks alot at my friends pit mix!

How about a Boxer Pit Mix...w00t w00t! This is my pup :) I've always wanted a pure bred boxer, but when I saw this lil guy at 8 months...I had to have him...

heres my friends pup

Attachments

• boost.jpg
    boost.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 120
  • boostpuppy.jpg
    boostpuppy.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 114
Bullmastiff.

Airjockie, I agree with your morals on this situation entirely. My family raised Rottweilers since they moved to FL, and once I was old enough(6 or so), I was taking care of at least one mother and her litter at a time. We sold our pups cheap and even gave some away to loving families. What I hate is the feeling of choosing one dog at the shelter over the rest of them while they all stare at you with depression.
Teingirl, do what you please, but I recommend at least visiting a shelter first to see if they have a dog you like there. You never know what they might have.

Airjockie, I agree with your morals on this situation entirely. My family raised Rottweilers since they moved to FL, and once I was old enough(6 or so), I was taking care of at least one mother and her litter at a time. We sold our pups cheap and even gave some away to loving families. What I hate is the feeling of choosing one dog at the shelter over the rest of them while they all stare at you with depression.
Teingirl, do what you please, but I recommend at least visiting a shelter first to see if they have a dog you like there. You never know what they might have.

yea...i saved my pup from a kill shelter...i went up to petsmart and there were some organizations there (PAWS and HARPS) putting them up for adoption...i adopted mine for $95 or somethin like that...and that included his 1st 2 sets of Parvo shots and then only $10 bucks each i had to pay for the next 2 sets of Parvo shots cuz i brought him back up there and they did it...plus they gave him some dewormer...plus it paid for him to be neutered and get his rabies shot...id say i got my moneys worth...lol...its a great idea to adopt a puppy i think...

i mean look at that face as a puppy...i couldnt pass that up...lol...and the there he is now...hahaha

his name is Bama...some people say he should run for president cuz of Obama...lol...so i had some fun with chopping...haha

Attachments

• Bama_ThenNow.jpg
    Bama_ThenNow.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 116
  • obama2.jpg
    obama2.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 102
  • obama1.jpg
    obama1.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 99
big dogs make big shits. all three of those are too big for my taste.
so smaller shits taste better?

if you have a breed in mind search for an organization that saves those breeds
i know they are out there for just about every breed
especially rotties, pits, greyhounds and many others

Tein - Off your list I'd choose a weimeraner. They're beautiful, but also very loving (as in my experience).

But, I am also in the market for an animal and the dog that fits my living situation is a Carlin Pinscher. It grows to be the size of a housecat (between 11 - 20 lbs) and the best part is... they look like a rottweiler. They're adorable. But, I'm so used to big dogs I don't know if I'm going to be able to adjust. So... I haven't gotten one. All my cats I have rescued either from people who don't take care of them or from a shelter. But, Carlin Pinschers won't be found at a rescue site. In fact, they're trying to be recognized by the AKC as a breed, but they need solid bloodlines and pedigree first.

cpbsil.jpg

fpup.jpg

After looking at the link about service dogs, I think I may get rid of the cats and do that. I like that idea.

Last edited:
get a rotwailer....they are good friends..... i had one for a while but my dad gave it away cuz no-one spend time at home..so and it was so lonely..but ima get other for $500 buckss..................or maybe a sharpie ooor a chihuahua...jajajaja

I have a Blue Great Dane...and he is truly a gentle giant (150 lbs).
I also adopted a dog from the shelter (Lab/chow mix). Both are wonderful dogs and very good companions, but the mutt seems a bit more loyal. I guess it just depends on the breeder and how it's raised. Any dog can be a good dog.

I have a bull mastiff, best dog I've ever owned, and my family has had 17 dogs since I was 8.

I have a bull mastiff, best dog I've ever owned, and my family has had 17 dogs since I was 8.

a neighbor of mine has a mastiff...that dog is HUGE...lol...i brought my pup over to meet him...and that mastiff towered over him...hahaha

Back