I'm fed up with GM

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The ECU got fried. LOL

2009 chevy hhr panelside.

turbo'd with the biggest factory fmic i've ever seen.

2009ChevyHHRSSPanel.jpg
http://jalopnik.com/cars/assets/resources/2007/10/2009ChevyHHRSSPanel.jpg

Chevrolet | 2009 HHR LS, Panel LS, LT, Panel LT | Chevy HHR

Friend of mine has an STI (wagon) as his work "truck" and he couldn't be happier with it. He came from a work van before that. STI fits his needs and hes always moving big items. with the rear seats down its like a small truck bed. Fits just as much stuff in his car as I do in the Toyota pick up we have.

btw you said 2500 for the trans... you had to pay? no warranty?

2009ChevyHHRSSPanel.jpg

they are actually not that bad, work at a chevy dealership they are pretty quick around the parking lot.
But im in love with the 2009 cobalt ss... little handy tid bit of info its the same motor thats in the saturn sky redline, another quick car around the dealership... to many blind spots with the top up though

2009ChevyHHRSSPanel.jpg

We test drove a panel side. Overall the HHR driver compartment is way too small for me to be 100% comfortable. The windshield is tiny, and you can't see shit without blind spot mirrors. Overall both my brother and I were unimpressed with it.

Friend of mine has an STI (wagon) as his work "truck" and he couldn't be happier with it. He came from a work van before that. STI fits his needs and hes always moving big items. with the rear seats down its like a small truck bed. Fits just as much stuff in his car as I do in the Toyota pick up we have.

btw you said 2500 for the trans... you had to pay? no warranty?

When the original transmission went out, we bought it used from a private seller. No warranty on it. When I lost a few gears two weeks after putting it in, that was under warranty and the shop paid for the tow.

Just got the shaft man. Sometimes you find lemons, you know? Then again i'm a chevy guy. Right after honda of course!

I went to get stuff out of the truck today and he showed me what happened. The ECU is apparently in the engine compartment on the driver side. There's a plastic guard piece under the hood right where it meets the fender, water is able to flow right down into it and directly onto the ECU wiring.

It was a design flaw from GM. Gotta love it.

Back