i'm gettin a gti.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My cuz had a 91 jetta gtl and it sucked ass. It was a lemon though and it was a 91. His alternator belt broke a total of 22 times!!!!

Don't think this has anything to do with the Gti but what the hell thought you should know!!

I have to disagree, I was at the track a couple of weeks ago, and didn't give the GTI any credit, this guy ahd his chipped ran 14.3. Awesome car.

Originally posted by SLA@Nov 3 2003, 01:49 PM
My cuz had a 91 jetta gtl and it sucked ass. It was a lemon though and it was a 91. His alternator belt broke a total of 22 times!!!!

Don't think this has anything to do with the Gti but what the hell thought you should know!!

sounds like a bent pulley

yea i wanted to get a wrx instead but my bad driving record prevents me from doin that, so i'm goin with the only other new turbo i like that is easy on insurance. i'm acually only gonna be paying around 25 bux more a month for a 03 than for a 99 civic si

Originally posted by xyswany+Nov 3 2003, 01:22 PM-->
@Nov 3 2003, 01:49 PM

sounds like a bent pulley

Yah had something to do with a bolt for the pulley or something!! It was out of control. Funny for me but not for him. He swears to this day he would never buy a getta again!!! :lol:

Says the car was probably made on a Friday or a Monday!! :lol:

they are good cars, nice looking, and with minimal $$ (as in around 4'gs) you can have a 13 second car.

The stock turbo is fucking tiny tiny tiny, and the car needs that front mount with the audi TT intake manny.

Yeah I bought mine while I was stationed over in Germany... did all the mods to it just so I could convince myself I was doing good on the Autobahn. Needless to say.... I still would see the blinking headlights in the rearview and have to move over into a slower lane and let the Euro-sexah cars scoot on by. But hey its fun cruisin around 120MPH on the way to Nurnberg.

The thing I can honestly say about the VW is that you can never underestimate German Engineering. To this day the Golf handles very well. Just wish I had the extra $$$ to reach in the engine and pull the potential power outta it.

Back