Im getting a new car and..............

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Im just saying and thats how people rate cars. Don't patronize me

See told you so Blanco. I never said anything stupid. You guys are the only ones who are making it sound more stupid. I was more likely giving them an example. How do you rate cars???? I'm done here since blanco has control here.

Also I wanna add that there is no such thing as a stupid question. So what if people ask a question about something easy, deal with it and help them or tell them nicely to research a topic that has already been answered before and quit being such a Crab Ass. I thought you were here to help everyone out, not patronizing on people cause if your gonna do that they have chat rooms just for that.

Like I said im done with this thread if you have something to say PM me, otherwise this thread will get out of hand like the other one :) cheer up big guy

Last edited:
Think to the future too. If you're going away to college, packing/moving in an s2k is going to suck ass.
if you want to get into drifting, FWD/AWD is out of the question.
If you live in places where it snows, RWD sucks

and i'm left wondering how this stayed in Gen. Tech so long.. :moved:

and to the guy talking about C and D class cars.. hahahaha..

i'd advise you RETHINK your priorites
if you're getting out of school and your only goal is to work full time so you can afford an 08 civic or 05 s2k then you really need to rethink your life plan...

Life isn't all about making money and then buying nice cars...I'd like to think it was that way, it'd sure as hell make life less complicated. But there is more to life, stuff like finding a girl, getting married, buying a house, having kids. Those things cost money, if all of your money is spent on a car, and you have nothing put away, you can't really do most of those other things. Damn money not growing on trees...

Last edited:
Thank god there is such a thing called a Retirement Plan :)
I use to save my money before I got really into cars but after I bought my second car, I couldn't stop spending money on the damn thing. Everyone wanted their car to be fast and look nice and I regret it and than again I don't. I use to save up $2,000 a year and than I would spend it on my car or even buy another car. But its your choice man just make sure its the right decision. Good luck james15 and make it be a choice you won't regret.

How would you all say the s2k is for autoX i was talking with my buddy and we dont really have any tracks to drift around where we live so

C and B class cars? Ok dude, you've been playing a little too much Forza...

lol, I was wondering what he was talking about about. First thought was "huh?, doesn't everyone have Class C licenses, and B are for bigger vehicles?"

Just get a NA Miata, similar to the S2000, and you can make them look more "masculine" if you like(imo, the hardtops make them look much nicer. The Racing Beat bumpers are also clean improve the look.). They can be drift, although like the S2000 they're well balanced so will need some mods. They're also AWESOME on the autoX and road courses. Another option, besides a 240SX, is the AE86 Corolla, but they're harder to find.

Last edited:
How would you all say the s2k is for autoX i was talking with my buddy and we dont really have any tracks to drift around where we live so

Why would you buy a brand new car and then take it out to auto cross-events and beat the crap out of it?

Have you ever even been to an auto-cross event? Go to one. The majority of the cars there usually aren't brand new, and a lot of them aren't even sports cars from the factory (Civics, etc.).

And also, did you not read anything that was written here? Why would you want a car with no back seat and minimal trunk space to take to college? Do you have any clue how much it would cost to insure an S2K for someone your age? Are you going to have a garage to park it in? An S2000 isn't something that I would want to just have sitting around in a dorm parking lot...

You need to chill man...you've obviously not ready for any kind of track racing event, and you're not thinking very practically when it comes to college either...

Ahahah I like Forza.... :(

There's nothing wrong with liking and/or playing Forza. My question though, is this: do you go around saying "oh look at that c-class car right there!"

Probably not...

::quietly says::.... an 05 s2k would not exactly be new. ;l

Ok, nitpick the details. All the same points still apply.

Nice cars get fucked with at college too. A buddy of mine has an e36 M, and its been keyed, the tires have been slashed, and the mirrors torn off by drunken assholes.

Ahhhhh another young kid in a nice fast car. Yeah thats what the world needs. My piece of advise keep saving that money your going to need it to get through college.

Nice cars get fucked with at college too. A buddy of mine has an e36 M, and its been keyed, the tires have been slashed, and the mirrors torn off by drunken assholes.

:werd:

Like I said earlier, unless you're gonna have a garage to store it in, I'd scrap this idea. An S2K is not something I would want sitting in a residence hall parking lot...

Have you considered an 08 Cobalt SS? Turbochared 2.0L with 5spd trans., suspension tuned on The Ring. Can be had for around 22k

GM has been putting out some really nice cars lately, so don't scoff at the suggestion of a new GM just yet.

Have you considered an 08 Cobalt SS? Turbochared 2.0L with 5spd trans., suspension tuned on The Ring. Can be had for around 22k

GM has been putting out some really nice cars lately, so don't scoff at the suggestion of a new GM just yet.
yea but the honda will last years and years longer

Going with the trend yes, I agree, but you can't argue that GM is leaps and bounds better than what they were a couple years ago.

Back