I'm getting Lazy....and more rantings...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
coming off strike for the last month, I'm trying to get back to normal life...but it ain't happening. The commute to work is a little better, cuz I know I'll make money again, and I finally have money again, so all money related problems are gone. I even have money in the bank again, just waiting for me to see something good to buy. But thats not the real problem. During the strike, I did as little as possible save as much as I could, which is a good thing, I found myself just trapped in front of the computer, cigs in the ashtray and a beer in the hand, I was happy. The word to get back to work was there, I went back, got a paycheck again, and started doing more and more projects. The Z is mostly done, but it sits there...I guess I'm not ready to fill it with gas anymore, due to the pump prices, all it really needs is a little brake work, a temp sensor, a decent cleaning and a good lookover to see if it's up to par for drifting again..although I have money to go buy the stuff, I just dont have the urge to go and do it.

The house still needs a lot of work, I've dumped over $750 to clean the junk around the house up, a few weeks to cut trees, rake crap up, remove the furnace, and just get it to the point to be decent looking. I just put a deposit of $600 to have it plowed over, fill and topsoiled, and then it will prolly be $1000-$1200 when all is said and done, then I got to buy and plant grass seed and fertilizer and all the other crap...but thats the easy thing.

The hard thing, is I wanted to get the CRX on the road again, I got the motor pulled out of the car, found the problem why it dies, it was a burned exhaust valve, and the motor still hangs from the engine lift....it's like I got to a point, and just gave up on it. The metal head gasket came, and I just threw it on the counter like I didn't even care anymore. I still have to get the engine and any other useable parts off the civic, and then junk it...but my attitude lately is... I'd prolly just wait till it takes it's self apart... But I need the work done, but I'm just not in the mood to do it anymore. Some glass bead and aluminum oxide beads came from Eastwoods, and I cleaned out the old sand from the sandblaster, dumped some new sand in, and blasted a part for about 20 minutes, and then gave up....it was Chris's block for his Mirage build...the block has so much rust scale that it is just hard to do, and the block is too heavy for the sandblaster to hold....so I changed the sand, cleaned out the blaster agian, and popped a wheel in there to clean up. Blasted the wheel in 20 minutes, and then liked the job so good, that I took the wheel out, and started wetsanding it for an hour or two...got it to a near perfect dull haze and hit a section of it with some mothers Mag and wheel polish, saw the shine...in one tiny area, and I gave up. Who knows when I do the other 3 wheels.....

I guess my attention span is getting worse lately, I'm tired, but not too tired to do stuff, I just get to a point that seems major, get it done, and when the fine points are only needed to get it done...I start, and then when it looks like it will be easy from there...I just move to the next project thats on my mind. I've tried to get more sleep than I need, in fact, I've caught myself just sleeping all day a few times. There like no rush to do things anymore, and if there is, then I find a way to just get to a point, and I quit, or pass it or leave it as is. The garage is a mess now, and I have almost no want to clean it up.

And then there is that other thing...my dream. I posted a while back that I wanted to get my FAA IA licence...well, I got the study guide, read like 4 pages of it, and gave up. Then I posted that I wanted to open an FBO, where I can get a place, have a shop, and work on airplanes privately...that never went any further than the other crap I've been ranting about. But, the wife found something for me....but I looked at our situation, and thought about it, and it does sound like a good deal, but it will prolly take about 3-5 years of hard work to make it turn into something that will be a decent investment...but...not something I could do on the side, it would have to be something that I would have to dive in head first and make happen. Since I'm back to work, making more money than before, and I now have the job security for a few more years, it looks risky to leave what I have now, and then to jump into something that looks better...and unsecure, scares me. Heres what the wife found, and if I can secure the loan for it...I would jump on it. http://www.businessesforsale.com/us/Fixed-...t-For-Sale.aspx I mean that this is almost to good to be true, and what I was looking for. Almost exactly what I was looking for, and the price is right. I have or can get the tools needed to run it, the wife would prolly end up as CEO, since she's the level headed bussiness person in the family, all I would need to do is find a few investors, some employees, and quit my job that has a secure future.... :confused:

and I have experiance on the following aircraft:

Beechcraft Model 18, Bonanza's, Duke, King Air 90, 100, and 200's
Cessna 150, 152, 170, 172, 175, 180, 182, 305, 310, 337, and T-37's
de Havilland DHC-4 Caribou
McDonnell Douglas F-15 C and D models
Piper PA-23, PA-24, PA-28, PA-31, PA-34, PA-32R, PA-34, and Chieftains.
Sikorsky H-5, CH-53, UH-60, S-76. and S-92
and plenty of others that are not coming to my mind right now.

But to do any maintenance or Annuals to any of those aircraft is plenty of cash in hand...rangeing from $800-$250Ks...hell...I dare anyone to do an oil change on a damn Caribou....I double dare ya. It would make a simple oil change on a honda look like just changing your underware. :laugh:

But then, one of my supervisors found out that I speak Japanese, and he tells me that they have one guy over in Japan, to cover Japan and China, and a few other spots in Asia for the company, as a feild tech rep for Sikorsky, and he might be able to find me a job to transfer me over to there....he then asked me to E-mail him something, and I did. The next day I walk in, and he said the e-mail was very professional and was exactly what he wanted to send to the people in HR to try to get me something over there...since then...it's up in the air. But a chance to go back to where I like to live, and to have the same paychecks I get here, is almost a better dream than I could ask for. But if that happens, then I'll have to sell the house and most of the things I have on the spot, and move agian.

I'm not sure if the gods are against me, with me, or playing with me...or if I have some sort of an adult ADS, or if I just have constant lazy spurts...but I do know that if I want something, then I'll work my ass off for it, if I have something, then I'll kinda work on making it better, and I'm never happy with what I got....I always want more. But if I'm content, I'll do nothing. Maybe it might be my coffee, I guess the normal 7 scoops of coffee grounds with the cup of sugar and 12 cups of water just isn't giving me the kick I need anymore. I guess thats life.... :huh:

/end weekly rant

Eh, i get like that time to time. All you have to do is just sit down and force yourself to finish whatever you are doing. Even if some other idea or something else you want to do comes up, just dont do it and finish. After doing this a few times i usually am more motivated to finish everything else i started and anything new i start.

Its been hard for me cause im a senior in high school and ive got senioritis big time, but still once ive forced myself through it, it usually feels good.

I'm the same way. I haven't thought about touching the integra for months. Haven't even touched the oil that needed to be changed a few thousand ago. Then like yesterday or the day before I got motivated with the project. I'm going to do what little I can without money, then when I get some, it's on.

Welcome to HomeOwnerShip and being busy... I get the SAMMEEE feelings ALL THE TIME... I work on the quad, then it gets close to being finished, then I look and say ehh... i'll finish it another time, then go 3 months without touching it. Then I'll need to do something to the house, and its like i'd rather do something else...

I almost think its depression sometimes... Or Mono... But I think its just being bored. LOL. And a little ADD mixed in.

Depression. I continue to work on things until I literally fall over with exhaustion. I have the attitude that there are things that MUST be done, and I'm the only one that can do them.

Those aren't my wheels you're talkign about are they ?

I feel your pain Clayton. I'm back to working the same long hours that I was when I was in CT. Doesn't leave me time to do much...and when I do have time, I don't want to do anything. I do get in those "Just get it done" moods, similar to the one's that I had when we were working on the Civic and doing your roof on the garage--but those times are few and far between...

Quoted post[/post]]
i'm lazy.

That also probably explains why I'm fat...

Back