I'm getting my ass kicked by adware.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thats why he owns the site ;)

hes right too, but im an IE lover and i just cant convert to firefox. I just stay away from crack website and everything is usally okay.

But anyways, you need to have a fresh start, once you get that much spyware on your system, its nearly impossible to get it all off, inless you have un-godly amount of time to spend on your computer trying to get rid of the spyware.

Have you tryed using Security Task Manger? That pretty much tells you everything that is running on your system, I have only found one spyware that it doesnt show, little red x next to the clock telling you have spyware. annoying as anything.
Security Task Manager - Windows XP process viewer

Once you acutally have found the spyware to remove it, use a bootable OS CD, Like Bart PE, well thats the free one, if your in a hurry. I use these so I can get information of harddrives where the information has been locked by windows, becaue the user kept there files "private" when making a new user. But this is one of the better ways to acutally delete spyware by hand,

AVG, Ewido, Firefox, But I use Advant, because it has way more options. Those are the best. I say screw the whole thing, Format Reinstall XP with SP2, From the start. And get a fresh clean start dude. When was the last time you did this? even microsoft states to do this every year! When formatting your hard drive, create a 2nd partion about 4-6GB with a 64k cluster size, to toss a non changeable 1500 Pagefile on there, and toss all your tempoary files on there. THen your computer will run fast and smooth. Installs go so much faster.

Well, windows malicious software remover + Windows defender did the trick when 5 others failed. So I wouldn't call it worthless.. I'm sure no program can get every single virus/adware/spyware program, you just have to find what works.

P.S. Win Defender has some pretty cool tools built into it, too.

eh, didnt read this, lol.. o well

Back