I'm getting screwed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It's Statefarm guys. That's the shitty thing. I'm on my old man's policy. I don't know. I think it has to do with my history. Tomorrow I'm going to shop around. I'm just frustrated. It's more than my car payment.

Statefarm has horrendous rates for young people.

For myself with the WRX full coverage they wanted like $450-$500.

On my parents with a good student discount its $165-$185, but they always try yanking my good student discount when we send it in around September and claim that they never received it.

They finally gave my parents back $1000 this year, after screwing us on the rates for the last four years since I got my license.

The only reason my parents didn't pick up and leave, was because they are in State Farms "top bracket" and refused to lose that by going over to a new company and having to start over.

Statefarm for the lose.

Geico will get me for 6 months at 1280. So much cheaper than State Farm. Same coverages too. 100/300 BI. etc. etc.

So I call them up to make sure those are my rates and to talk to someone I can deal with that isn't family. Yeah sure enough, I'm on my own policy. Not my fathers. I can lower all my rates of insurance, because well my dad has the highest possible for his company trucks. I am missing huge discounts for having a clean record, etc. Now I'm waiting on a phone call back.

This is a nightmare.

Geico will get me for 6 months at 1280. So much cheaper than State Farm. Same coverages too. 100/300 BI. etc. etc.

just so you know, these rates may rise if you didn't fully disclose
right after you enter your payment info they run a check with the dmv, and then adjust your rate according to what they find
i didn't have all the info so i just put no record of incidents and my rate got raised 100 bucks for 6 months, rather reasonable considering i disclosed nothing

Statefarm for the lose.
its usually the AGENCY you deal with, not the company
insurance agents have a certain reputation for a reason

Holy crap, these prices are userous. They need a mask and a gun.

usurious* I had to look that word up to figure out what it meant. LOL.

same here. I had to figure out how to spell it, before I could look it up.

Jesus... 291? Fuck.

I'm paying $135/month for full coverage on a 500 deductible, 50k life, disability and 15k renters insurance.

Fuck that relationship... you're getting screwed, start shopping around.

When I was 20-23 with just renters/car insurance I was paying 195 until I turned 24, then it went down to like 150. Then I added the other insurance lines to it and it's 135 now.

I'm through state farm, and I'll never switch since I've been with them for 9 years now.

Last edited:
Yeah 6 mo only here with state farm. Might be something to do with it. I'm 19 though and I live in WA. Maybe that has something to do with it.

But my best bet is Geico. 4 payments of 320, then next 6 mo I'll pay up front like I used to when my insurance was 260 for the prelude(I had 2 accidents/1 ticket which are all gone).

Back