I'm going going........to Cali

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

We were looking at 2 bedroom apts in non-ghetto areas and the cheapest around were about $1200.mo. Most areas around are kinda sketchy too, so if you are looking at a place, drive by in the day and night a few times before you sign anything.

thats what central mass is like... :(

If this were reversed...

"Woman, quick your job, we're moving to cali so i can go to more school" she'd leave you.

just saying. lol

guys take so much shit and just do it for the girls, but if reveresed, OMG!

i really have a hard time putting my thumb on the reason of you still being single....:rimshot:

thanks guys.
my job is hat I hate to leave the most. I've been here since we opened and just sold 2 of my customers from last year so my own little customer base that i built is already paying off.

sucks I have to start over.

Weather is not the same bud. Come to CA sometime, you might actually like it. ;)

I was about to post something like this earlier. It's funny how so many on here that hate on CA have probably never spent any significant amount of time here.

might run into Bill and Ted too.. maybe Socrates
lol, I totally forgot about that.

Last edited:
Taco, starting contacting the local Subie dealerships and get something lined up. Telling them about all the training you had and other important stuff. That way you can have something lined up.

If this were reversed...

"Woman, quick your job, we're moving to cali so i can go to more school" she'd leave you.

just saying. lol

guys take so much shit and just do it for the girls, but if reveresed, OMG!

Mine left Silicon Valley and a stable job to come to the Chicago 'burbs in the middle of winter when I couldn't find any work out there. :shrug2:

Weather is not the same bud. Come to CA sometime, you might actually like it. ;)

I completely agree with this statement, and if I could afford it at some part of my life, I'd love to move out there.

i really have a hard time putting my thumb on the reason of you still being single....:rimshot:

Right?

thanks guys.
my job is hat I hate to leave the most. I've been here since we opened and just sold 2 of my customers from last year so my own little customer base that i built is already paying off.

sucks I have to start over.

If you can, Glendale is really nice, and I'm sure I could have my buddy that lives out there give you a few places that are decent on rent, and really nice places to live.

well folks. I;m having a serious convo. with her today.
it will be interesting......

I'm on a path to make 100k+ in the next year or so because of the position and i'm in and i started when the franchise first opened on a REPUTABLE family owned dealership that has been in business for 100 years. IT'S A BIG DEAL.
Do I want to start over to the bottom of the barrel making 20ish AND accumulate 200k in debt while she starts out at 80k after 4 years.
I don't think so.

stay tuned....

If you're really set to make over 100K, then you should have money to visit her and have her visit often. If she's not planning on doing full time summers, then it will probably work out better to have her go to school while you stay at home.

I lived in cali for a while and I loved it. It is more expensive compared to fla., but I think you would enjoy it.

If you dont take the rex let me know. I will give it a good home.

I'm with ya taco. You 2 need to sit down and talk about whats best for BOTH of you, both short term and long term.

Seperating is a just a bad idea.

Schools are everywhere, but so are jobs.

But, you're established, and school is not yet. With all the shit you went through trying just to get a job legally last year.... it's not worth it. And if shes in school, she probably can't support you.

The logical choice is to stay where you are, make some money, and she can float through school running on just your income. Perhaps online school? or re-apply to a few others within driving distance.

Are you married?

Then you stick together.

this is is what I felt very strongly about.

after seeing how much debt we would get into with her going to school it simply did not make sense to up root for a "dream job" starting at 75-80k.

SO I will be staying here supporting her schooling and making sure the student loans don't take over. if she were not with me an average debt for her would have been in the 250k after graduating. IMO it would only be worse if i join. yes I can pay but that's just enouight to scrape by.

just another sarifice.......

Back